Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Sandor Molnar <sm...@cloudera.com> on 2021/11/03 08:58:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.6.0 - RC 4

Hi folks!

Release candidate #4 for the Apache Knox 1.6.0 release is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/knox/knox-1.6.0/

The release candidate is a zip archive of the sources in:

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/knox.git
Branch v1.6.0 (git checkout -b v1.6.0)

The KEYS file for signature validation is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/knox/KEYS

KnoxShell User Guide:
http://knox.apache.org/books/knox-1-6-0/knoxshell_user_guide.html

Gateway User Guide:
http://knox.apache.org/books/knox-1-6-0/user-guide.html

Dev Guide:
http://knox.apache.org/books/knox-1-6-0/dev-guide.html

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Knox 1.6.0.
The vote is open for the next 96 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 Apache Knox PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Knox 1.6.0

Sandor

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Knox 1.6.0 - RC 4

Posted by Phil Zampino <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sandor, thank you for pulling this release together.

* Verified signatures

* Checked NOTICE, LICENSE, CHANGES files

* Downloaded and built from source

* Ran unit tests

* Tested logout from home page

* Exercised some of the samples

+1

Posted by Phil Zampino <pz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sandor Molnar <sm...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
The VOTE for 1.6.0 RC 4 PASSES with:

3 binding +1's
0 nonbinding +1
0 -1's

I will be working on promoting 1.6.0 RC 4 to an official release shortly.

Thank you for taking the time to test this release and contributing to the
Apache Knox community!

Posted by Sandor Molnar <sm...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sandeep Moré <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Sandor, here is my +1

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
* Verified signatures
* Checked NOTICE, LICENSE, CHANGES files
* Downloaded and built from source
* Ran unit tests
* Verified basic functionality for HDFS, Hive for both the gateway server
and KnoxShell client
* Tested logout from home page
* Tested the enable/disable of token management feature
* Tested the inability to include userinfo in an originalUrl param to
KnoxSSO

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
* Verified signatures