Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Cohen <St...@ignitesports.com> on 2001/12/06 20:56:26 UTC

What are user properties

For the first time I am using the most recent code against old
build.xmls and I get these warnings:

DEPRECATED - Setting user properties through the Property task has been
deprecated.

Can someone enlighten me on what this is about?  What are user
properties?  I could not find any mention of this in the documentation
for the property tag.

Steve Cohen
Sr. Software Engineer
Ignite Sports, Inc.
stevec@ignitesports.com

Re: What are user properties

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
What is the code in build.xml that is causing this?  Its probably an <ant>
or <antcall>, right?  This should be fixed in CVS with Peter's latest
commit.  Are you running a nightly build?  Or building from CVS?

Re: What are user properties

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Oh, and "user" properties are a special class of properties that cannot be
overridden - such as ones loaded by System properties, -D arguments, and set
via the embedded property mechanisms of <ant>/<antcall>.

    Erik