Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@osm.net> on 2001/11/09 20:03:34 UTC

LogEnabled in Phoenix ?

Based on the depreciation of Loggable and that the recommendation to move to
replacement LogEnabled, I have updated a bunch of code that now references
the org.apache.avalon.framework.logger package interfaces.  However, Phoenix
does not seem to be handling this too well - the processing of blocks is
still testing for the Loggable interface and as a consequence the logger is
not being set which is throwing subsequent phases. I just wanted to check is
this is something I've missed - or, if its really the case that Phoenix just
isn't up-to-date yet?

Cheers, Steve.

Re: LogEnabled in Phoenix ?

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
It hadn't been done yet. I just updated it in preparation for release. If a
Block still uses Loggable then that is used else it will check if a Block
uses LogEnabled and use that if possible.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: LogEnabled in Phoenix ?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Based on the depreciation of Loggable and that the recommendation to move to
> replacement LogEnabled, I have updated a bunch of code that now references
> the org.apache.avalon.framework.logger package interfaces.  However, Phoenix
> does not seem to be handling this too well - the processing of blocks is
> still testing for the Loggable interface and as a consequence the logger is
> not being set which is throwing subsequent phases. I just wanted to check is
> this is something I've missed - or, if its really the case that Phoenix just
> isn't up-to-date yet?

It's not up-to-date yet.  Remember the LogEnabled interface was just made
available in CVS a couple days ago...

--

"Those who would trade liberty for
 temporary security deserve neither"