Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2010/01/12 00:43:05 UTC

Re: pill image spam learns to walk - best way to block it - hostkarma

For what it's worth my Lunk Email Filter service block 100% of virus
generated spam such as this pill image spam. But anyone can tap into
this for free by doing 2 things.

First - add tarbaby.junkemailfilter.com as you highest numbered MX record.

Second - use the hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com black list.

To be really effective you need to do both. Bot spam tends to spam all
MX records and focuses on the highest MX. So using us as the highest MX
lets us harvest your spam bot info. Then when you use our black list -
it's tuned to the spambots that are spamming you. So it becomes even
more effective.

And spam attempts to our tarbaby server is a spam that you're not
getting not need to use your resources to block. So a significant amount
of your spam will just go away.

We catch spam bots on the first attempt and within 2 minutes they are
listed in our black list.

Here's the info on these lists:

http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Spam_DNS_Lists

Feel free to use it.