Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Benjamin Yu <Be...@InformativeResearch.com> on 2004/03/29 19:39:20 UTC

Torque and C-JDBC

I'm interested in using c-jdbc as a backend for torque, and have the
following train of thought...please correct any step/assumption that is
wrong.

1. C-JDBC is not supported based on the documentation.
2. I would need to write a custom DB adapter for this support.
3. Possibly write a new set of velocity templates to be used for sql
generation.
4. I would then configure the torque runtime config to use the new adapter.
	Ala, something like: torque.database.mydb.adapter=cjdbc

5. However, DBFactory defines a static map for DBFactory.create() to use.
6. TorqueInstance.initAdapters() calls the DBFactory.create() to obtain the
DB adapter.
7. Thus I will also have to modify DBFactory.java and add the mapping
(driver and shortname).

Does all this sound right? Am I missing something?

The set of supported RDBMS seems fixed based on the classes listed in
DBFactory. Has there ever been a prior method that allowed the end user to
use his own adapter without modifying the torque runtime codebase?

If not, is this a possible direction that the torque dev team would be open
to?

Thanks,
Ben