Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1998/09/16 00:20:00 UTC

Re: general/3003: using Ms Explorer Browser Virtual hosts doesnt work but netscape works fine

The following reply was made to PR general/3003; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
To: pat beaven <pa...@gate.safehaven.net>
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/3003: using Ms Explorer Browser  Virtual hosts doesnt
 work but netscape works fine
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:16:46 -0700 (PDT)

 On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, pat beaven wrote:

 >   version 3.02 and 3.0 have been tried and dont work for any site..
 > Yep Im sure Im not using a proxy server...
 >
 > The error you get about error no /maincust.html is only when im trying to access a virtual
 > domain
 > and not the primary domain.. The maincust.html is part of the default domain for
 > www.safehaven.net
 > It seems to work fine.. just the virtual domains dont..

 The only error I get is accessing www.mythicalrealms.com.  That error is
 because you have some broken HTML that IE and Navigator parse differently.
 IE lsitens to your frameset that tells it to load /maincust.shml and
 /customer.html.  Neither of those files exist.  Netscape can't access
 them, IE can't access them, they aren't there.  The only reason Netscape
 works is because it listens to the meta refresh tag that sends it to
 "http://www.mythicalrealms.com/store/index.html".  That is a problem with
 your HTML.  Fix the problem with your HTML.  I don't know how many more
 ways I can say that.

 On top of that, you have two different IP addresses listed for
 www.mythicalrealms.com with two completely different sets of content.  Of
 course you will see odd things if you do that.

 I can not reproduce any errors on any of the other sites you are listing.
 What is supposedly wrong with them?