Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2013/06/12 22:03:46 UTC

[VOTE] Graduation of Apache Mesos

Hi All,

The Apache Mesos community is ready to graduate. They have added
committers and PPMC members while in the Incubator; have made a
few releases; are discussing their issues on list and in the Apache
way, and are inclusive and representative of Apache's goals as a
Foundation.

I'm extremely happy to put them up for Incubator graduation.
We've VOTEd as a community to move forward with this:

DISCUSS thread here: http://s.apache.org/XAu
VOTE thread here: http://s.apache.org/K8C
VOTE RESULT: Message-ID: <CD...@jpl.nasa.gov>

Project Incubator status page here:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mesos.html

Board resolution pasted at bottom of email.

Existing tallies from the community VOTE:

+1
Chris Mattmann*
Vinod Kone
Benjamin Hindman
Benjamin Mahler
Yan Xiu
Deepal Jayasinghe
Brenden Matthews
Matei Zaharia
Ant Elder*
Konstantin Boudnik

* - indicates IPMC

Please VOTE to graduate Apache Mesos from the Incubator. Though
only Incubator PMC member VOTEs are binding, all are welcome to
voice your opinion. I'll leave the VOTE open for at least 72 hours,
and hopefully can get enough VOTEs in time to close it by Saturday
or Sunday in time for the board meeting on 6/19.

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Mesos from the Incubator.
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Mesos from the Incubator because..

Thanks everyone!

Cheers,
Chris

---board resolution
open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the
public, related to efficient cluster management, resource
isolation and sharing across distributed applications.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Mesos Project", be
and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Mesos Project be and hereby is
related to efficient cluster management, resource isolation
and sharing across distributed applications; and be it further
RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Mesos" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
Apache Mesos Project, and to have primary responsibility for
management of the projects within the scope of responsibility
of the Apache Mesos Project; and be it further
Apache Mesos Project:

     * Ali Ghodsi <al...@apache.org>
* Andy Konwinski <an...@apache.org>
* Benjamin Hindhman <be...@apache.org>
* Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>
* Brian McCalister <br...@apache.org>
* Ian Holsman <ia...@apache.org>
* Matei Alexandru Zahari <ma...@apache.org>
* Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>
* Tom White <to...@apache.org>
* Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>
* Brenden Matthews <br...@apache.org>
* Thomas Marshall <tm...@apache.org>
* Charles Reiss <wo...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Benjamin Hindman be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Mesos, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or
until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Mesos Project be and hereby is
tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
Incubator Mesos podling; and be it further

Incubator Mesos podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Mesos

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Awesome work guys =)

- Henry

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Best Regards,
-- Alex

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Mesos

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Looks good! +1

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
<ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Please VOTE to graduate Apache Mesos from the Incubator. Though
> only Incubator PMC member VOTEs are binding, all are welcome to
> voice your opinion. I'll leave the VOTE open for at least 72 hours,
> and hopefully can get enough VOTEs in time to close it by Saturday
> or Sunday in time for the board meeting on 6/19.
>
> [ ] +1 Graduate Apache Mesos from the Incubator.
> [ ] +0 Don't care.
> [ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Mesos from the Incubator because..

+1 (binding).

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Mesos

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Woot awesome Andy!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Woot awesome Andy!

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Thanks Andy!

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Thanks Andy!

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tom

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Tom White <to...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1 binding

Regards,
Alan

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Mesos

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hey Andy,

Ahhh, ooops, sorry yeah I searched my email archives but didn't find your
VOTEs.

I'm happy to send an amended list, or simply state on the record here via
email
that your guys' VOTEs counted. Either way the resolution is on the agenda
and
your email is now in the archive so we are good. I sincerely apologize for
missing
the VOTEs and either way I appreciate your support on the proposed
graduation VOTE.

Fingers crossed that Mesos graduates tomorrow and if so, looking forward
to the
next steps :)

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.