Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by WJCarpenter <bi...@carpenter.org> on 2002/11/14 23:14:46 UTC

RE: Java profilers

> I have long experience of using OptimizeIt www.optimizeIt.com (now

FWIW, Oracle's JDeveloper IDE includes a memory and CPU performance
profiler.  I have no idea how it compares to other products, but for
many people I'm sure it will drill down as far as they need in
practice.  I've used it several times on the client side (it's scary
how much memory is being churned in Java stuff :-).

Re: Java profilers

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
> (it's scary
> how much memory is being churned in Java stuff :-).

That's one nice thing about .NET: you can define types for which
instances will be created on the stack instead of from the heap.

Scott Nichol

Re: Java profilers

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.