Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/30 11:08:59 UTC

Re: svn commit: r959192 - in /ode/trunk: ./ bpel-runtime/ bpel-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/bpel/runtime/channels/ jacob-ap/ jacob-ap/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/jacob/ap/ jacob-ap/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/ jacob/ jacob/src/main/

Hi Jeff,

I think the @Channel annotations won't harm, do they? I'd rather keep
those in the source so that we can regenerate the classes anytime by
manually running a script but not in each build.

Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.
Just talked with Tammo, we will move the @ChannelType to jacob module, and
then use String in the jacob-ap module, so that can reduce the dependency.

I will commit this fix tomorrow here.

regards
Jeff

--
Cheers,
Jeff Yu

----------------
blog: http://jeff.familyyu.net

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jeff Yu

----------------
blog: http://jeff.familyyu.net

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@intalio.com>.
FYI, jsr 269 is included id Java 6. I'm not sure, but I think RI for
Java 1.5 is available somewhere, so we could use it.
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=269

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tammo,
>
> The main reason for us to check in the generated classes is because the apt
> tool is tied to Sun's JDK.
> so people who are using MacOSX would not be able to use maven build.
>
> The @ChannelType annotation is defined in the jacob-ap module, if we didn't
> comment this annotation, we have to build the jacob-ap module,
> which is having the same problem that tied to the sun's JDK.
>
> so we need to comment it, which I was removing them earlier. (will add
> @ChannelType annotation with commented)
>
> sorry if I didn't make this clear at the first time.
>
> Regards
> Jeff
>
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> I think the @Channel annotations won't harm, do they? I'd rather keep
>> those in the source so that we can regenerate the classes anytime by
>> manually running a script but not in each build.
>>
>> Tammo
>>
>> On 30.06.2010 10:56, Jeff Yu wrote:
>> > Hi Tammo,
>> >
>> > Good point.. I will add the jacob-ap module back, but we won't include it
>> in
>> > the pom.xml.
>> >
>> > I don't think add the mvn profile would make this process automatic,
>> because
>> > those channel classes depend on @Channel annotation class. I think I will
>> > comment the maven-apt plugin in the pom file and @Channel annotation in
>> > classes, once we felt that we need to regenerate them, we will just need
>> > uncomment them. What do you think?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Jeff

>> --
>> Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de
>>

> --
> Cheers,
> Jeff Yu
>
> ----------------
> blog: http://jeff.familyyu.net

Rafał Rusin
http://rrusin.blogspot.com

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tammo,

The main reason for us to check in the generated classes is because the apt
tool is tied to Sun's JDK.
so people who are using MacOSX would not be able to use maven build.

The @ChannelType annotation is defined in the jacob-ap module, if we didn't
comment this annotation, we have to build the jacob-ap module,
which is having the same problem that tied to the sun's JDK.

so we need to comment it, which I was removing them earlier. (will add
@ChannelType annotation with commented)

sorry if I didn't make this clear at the first time.

Regards
Jeff

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I think the @Channel annotations won't harm, do they? I'd rather keep
> those in the source so that we can regenerate the classes anytime by
> manually running a script but not in each build.
>
> Tammo
>
> On 30.06.2010 10:56, Jeff Yu wrote:
> > Hi Tammo,
> >
> > Good point.. I will add the jacob-ap module back, but we won't include it
> in
> > the pom.xml.
> >
> > I don't think add the mvn profile would make this process automatic,
> because
> > those channel classes depend on @Channel annotation class. I think I will
> > comment the maven-apt plugin in the pom file and @Channel annotation in
> > classes, once we felt that we need to regenerate them, we will just need
> > uncomment them. What do you think?
> >
> > Regards
> > Jeff
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Tammo van Lessen <tvanlessen@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Jeff,
> >>
> >> cool to this patch coming along, but I think it's too restrictive. It
> >> removed the jacob-ap module, which is actually part of jacob and perhaps
> >> used by others and it also hinders the regeneration of those committed
> >> classes. I think we still need this module and a mvn profile or ant
> >> script that allows us to regenerate these classes on demand.
> >>
> >> Could you take care of that?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>  Tammo
> >>  <http://www.taval.de>