Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by nxdp72 <na...@stickyworldwide.com> on 2008/12/03 04:26:04 UTC

DataScroller Not Working in Some Browsers

Hi

I am having some problems with a datascroller I am using on a page. The
scroller seems to work on Firefox on Mac and IE on Windows. However, it
doesn't work on Safari on Mac and it doesn't work on Firefox on Windows.

On Safari on Mac, I get this error:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 151 at column 1853: xmlParseEntityRef: no name

On Firefox on Windows, I get the following error:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location ...
Line Number 121, Column 47:

     if(typeof form.elements[name] != 'undefined' &&
form.elements[name].nodeName = 'INPUT')

In both cases, the error seems to point to the "&&" in the above line of
JavaScript inside the scroller.

It looks like it's related to the encoding of &. However, I cannot see why.
I am very new to JSF and Facelet.  I must be missing something since I don't
see anyone else posting the same problem. I am using Tomahawk 1.1.8.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Here is my code (it's a facelet):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

				 #{request.contextPath}/pages/label.jsf?productId=#{prod.productId }

Re: DataScroller Not Working in Some Browsers

Posted by nxdp72 <na...@stickyworldwide.com>.
I think I might have found the cause. I was using Sun's JSF implementation
with Tomahawk. When I replaced it with MyFaces implementation, the problem
went away. Does that make sense?

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.