Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by David Ventimiglia <dv...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/16 23:40:11 UTC

Olingo Java V2 : caching, headers, and compression

Hi!

I'm building an OData 2.0 service using Olingo V2 in Java and would like to
support caching (both server-side and client-side via appropriate header
settings) and compression (e.g. gzip compression).  I'm prepared to add
these via vanilla Servlet Filters, but wanted to check first.  What, if
anything, does Olingo provide out of the box for this?  I'm using the
ODataServlet rather than using JAX-RS, partly because I know nothing about
JAX-RS.

Thanks!
David

Re: Olingo Java V2 : caching, headers, and compression

Posted by mibo <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Olingo does not provide support for caching or compression.
Those features must be provided / handled by the environment (e.g. an application server like TomEE) in which the OData service (based on Olingo) is running.
So you can use vanilla Servlet Filter to realize caching and/or compression.

Kind regards,
Michael