Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nancy Crisostomo Martinez <na...@correo.uqroo.mx> on 2002/02/19 17:04:16 UTC

JavaMail API

Hi!!
About sending a mail using the JavaMail API:
I'm trying to send a mail, but the following exception is still
appeating:

      javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: No provider for Address
     type: rfc822

But somebody gave me a solution, but I'm having some troubles trying to
apply it:

Does anybody know how to know or get the IP ADDRES of the SMPT server?
Even, I don't know to configure that part (IPADDRESSES of servers) of
the following statements that are supposed to be written in the
tomcat.policy file:

     grant {
         // following two permissions allow access to default
     config files
         permission java.io.FilePermission "/path/to/mail.jar",
     "read";
         permission java.io.FilePermission
     "/path/to/activation.jar", "read";
         // following to use SMTP
         permission java.net.SocketPermission "SMTPHOST:25",
     "connect,resolve";
         // following to use IMAP
         permission java.net.SocketPermission "IMAPHOST:143",
     "connect,resolve";
         // following to use POP3
         permission java.net.SocketPermission "POP3HOST:110",
     "connect,resolve";
         // following also to use POP3 in pre-JavaMail 1.2
         permission java.io.FilePermission "/path/to/pop3.jar",
     "read";
         // following needed if System.getProperties() is used
         permission java.util.PropertyPermission "*", "read,write";

     };

Please, I need help!!
Thanks in advance!!