Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vijay Pawar <vs...@orgltd.com> on 2003/06/09 14:11:15 UTC

tomcat user administration for jndi

Hi all,

I am using the jakarta-dbcp package as a connection pool for my jdbc
connections.

The configurations i have done as per the tomcat documentation for
jndi-how to and its is working fine.

Now, in the tomcat administration tool there is option for configuration
jndi sources. Now will the effect be the same. i.e if i configure
connection pool through the admin tool or manually by editing  the
server.xml file, will both have the same effect.

or is it that if we use the admin tool then the release of connections at
server startup is done automatically.

Thanks in advance
Vijay