Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/07 20:15:51 UTC

Make IndexingChain and friends protected?

Hi All,

At Twitter we're using customized IndexingChains and also extend a lot
of abstract classes like e.g. TermsHashConsumer.
Most of these classes are currently package-private, because they were
always considered "expert APIs".

I was wondering if we could switch from package-private to protected in
combination with @lucene.internal? That way extensions and callers of
these APIs would not have to be placed in the o.a.l.index package anymore.

I'd be happy to work on a patch unless there are concerns about this change.

Michael

Re: Make IndexingChain and friends protected?

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good. I'll work on a patch.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1