Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by madan chowdary <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/03 17:07:51 UTC

[ Tobago ] Help regarding valueChangelistener

Hi all,

i am using valueChangeListener with <tx:selectOneChoice/>.

this part of code
    <f:facet name="change">
        <tc:command immediate="true"/>
    </f:facet>
is used to submit the page when a item is the listbox selected which alters another <tx:selectOneChoice/> component.

the JSP code snippet is as below

<tx:selectOneChoice label="#{bundle.select}"
    value="#{checkout.selectedBillingAddress}"
    id="selectedBillingAddress"
    rendered="#{checkout.billToSiteSize > 1}"
    valueChangeListener="#{checkout.billingAddressValueChanged}"

    <f:selectItems value="#{checkout.billToSites}"/>
        <f:facet name="change">
            <tc:command immediate="true"/>
        </f:facet>
</tx:selectOneChoice>

and the method called for valueChangeListener is as below

public void billingAddressValueChanged(ValueChangeEvent e){
    log.debug(" *** billingAddressValueChanged is called *** ");
}

When i select a particular method the bean constructor is called, but the method binding to valueChangeListener is never called.

am using Tobago 1.0.9 .

Regards,
Madan

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

Re: [ Tobago ] Help regarding valueChangelistener

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Madan,

I extend the selectOneChoice example with a selectOneChoice that depend
on an other selectOneChoice.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/tobago/trunk/tobago-tool/gendoc/src/main/webapp/screenshot/selectOneChoice.jsp?revision=503396&view=markup

To avoid validation or required messages please surround the
selectOneChoice with a tc:form. See comment in example page.
The immediate="true" should be removed,

I would suggest to switch the selectItem in the action of the command or
  in the getter of the getSelectItem method of the depend selectOneChoice.

Bernd