Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@schof.com> on 2004/09/20 23:01:59 UTC

[struts-chain] What's up with CatalogConfiguratorPlugin

Why is this class in a directory called 'legacy'?  Is there some plan to
configure this plugin in another manner?  Is there somewhere else I
should be looking for code that provides this functionality?

TIA,
sean

Re: [struts-chain] What's up with CatalogConfiguratorPlugin

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 5:01 PM -0400 9/20/04, Sean Schofield wrote:
>Why is this class in a directory called 'legacy'?  Is there some
>plan to configure this plugin in another manner?  Is there somewhere
>else I should be looking for code that provides this functionality?

Legacy refers to making the Chain function identically to Struts 1.1
(and looking forward, i'd say probably with 1.2.x).

I think that the idea of using a Plugin specifically to configure the
chain is legacy because plugins depend on the Servlet API and Chain
is trying to minimize dependency on the Servlet API.  This is also
the justification of the split between the Abstract* commands and the
o.a.s.chain.servlet.* commands.

I started using Chain after that code was cut, so I could have it wrong.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com