Posted to users@felix.apache.org by jtkb <ka...@avionicengineers.com> on 2015/12/05 23:40:45 UTC

Using maven-bundle-plugin with nar-maven-plugin

I'm trying to use the nar-maven-plugin with maven-bundle-plugin as I
want to create a bundle which contains a native library. Unfortunately I
have one small hurdle I cannot overcome.

No matter how I try to configure the plugins in the POM, I cannot get
the final archive to be named '.jar' it will only be '.nar'.

This is the relevant parts of my POM to configure the plugins:

<build>
         <plugins>
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>com.github.maven-nar</groupId>
<artifactId>nar-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <version>3.2.3</version>
                 <extensions>true</extensions>
                 <configuration>
                     <output>.. removed for brevity...</output>
                     <libraries>
                         <library>
                             <type>jni</type>
                         </library>
                     </libraries>
                     <javah>
<jniDirectory>${basedir}/target/nar/jni</jniDirectory>
                     </javah>
                     <c>
                         <includePaths>
<includePath>${basedir}/target/nar</includePath>
                         </includePaths>
                     </c>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                 <version>2.3.7</version>
                 <extensions>true</extensions>
                 <executions>
                     <execution>
                         <id>default-bundle-package</id>
                              <phase>package</phase>
                         <goals>
                             <goal>bundle</goal>
                         </goals>
                         <configuration>
                             <packaging>jar</packaging>
<!--<outputDirectory>target/bundle</outputDirectory>-->
                             <supportedProjectTypes>
<supportedProjectType>jar</supportedProjectType>
<supportedProjectType>bundle</supportedProjectType>
<supportedProjectType>nar</supportedProjectType>
                             </supportedProjectTypes>
                             <instructions>
                                 .. Removed for brevity ..
                             </instructions>
                         </configuration>
                     </execution>
                 </executions>
             </plugin>
         </plugins>
     </build>

a few things to point out :

1. I'm using an old version of the maven-bundle-plugin but using version
3.0.1 makes no difference
2. The <package> configuration makes no difference whatsoever in the build
3. Using the <outputDirectory> doesn't force the output directory either
but just seems to cause the build to throw warnings.

Can anyone assist?