Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2014/08/13 23:59:50 UTC

Weekly news documentation

Hi Lena,

I moved some of the old notes on the old wiki to the new notes on the
new wiki. All of these are probably quite out of date by now.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Weekly+News

Any chance you could help bring these up-to-date? Would be neat to
have a process that other people can follow when you take a vacation,
or something! :-)

Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: Weekly news documentation

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Thanks for taking a look and for the feedback, Jan!

I agree, imo keeping the WP accounts as accessible as possible could also help a lot regarding attracting new possible committers whilst limiting community efforts.
WP offers the following roles:
• Administrator – nothing is off limits
• Editor – has access to all posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, and links.
• Author – can write, upload photos to, edit, and publish their own posts.
• Contributor – has no publishing or uploading capability, but can write and edit their own posts until they are published
(see details for all here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/user-roles/ ).

One possible approach could be:
* Admin - for official committers only
* Editor, Author or Contributor could be for others (depending on limitations the community agrees on and rights needed)
Contributor could be a starter role when posts have to be reviewed before publishing, editor or author for later?

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Heya Lena,

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Hi everyone,