Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jesse Vitrone <jv...@giantbear.com> on 2000/12/11 22:31:39 UTC

Returning more than one value?

Folks,
	According to the SOAP w3c spec, it seems like I should be able to
specify more than one value in my response, something like this:

snippet from xmethods.net B&N price lookup
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:getPriceResponse xmlns:ns1="urn:xmethods-BNPriceCheck"
<return xsi:type="xsd:float">15.57</return>
</ns1:getPriceResponse>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

I should be able to do this, right?
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:getPriceResponse xmlns:ns1="urn:xmethods-BNPriceCheck"
<return xsi:type="xsd:float">15.57</return>
<anotherReturn xsi:type="xsd:float">20.00</anotherReturn>
</ns1:getPriceResponse>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

Note the <anotherReturn> tag.  Of course, this number doesn't make much
sense, here, but it's just an example.

If I wanted to do something like this, how would I specify multiple return
values on the server side, and how would I recieve them on the client side
using Apache's SOAP Java API?

I realize that I can just return a Vector of information if I'm implementing
the server side, but what if I'm using a service that shows their SOAP
response message like the one above? How do I get all the response values
using Apache's SOAP Java API?

Thanks in advance,
	Jesse Vitrone

RE: Returning more than one value?