Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Cooke <an...@intertrader.com> on 2001/07/31 15:42:25 UTC

SAX 2.0, sealing, Tomcat 3.2.3

Hi,

I've spent most of the day reading through various mailing list
entries and other pages on the net and am still confused.  Is there a
FAQ anywhere that clearly summarizes the issues involved and answers
the questions below?  If not, can someone please tell me:

- Should Tomcat 3.2.3 work with JSP pages that use JAXP 1.1 and
crimson (the XML support from Sun)?

- If so, how do I get it to work?
-- Someone here says that it depends on the order of jars in the
classpath.  Doesn't seem to make any difference to me - any comments?
-- I have managed to get past the sealed jar problems by unsealing
jars, but then get an error suggesting that the code in Tomcat is SAX
1.0 (getXmlReader in org.xml.sax.XMLReader doesn't appear to exist,
which is a SAX 2.0 method?).

- If not, what other choices do I have?
-- Will Tomcat 4.0 work?
-- Will Tomcat 4.0 still give errors with sealed jars?  Is there a
work-round?

In particular, our code gives the "usual" sealed jar exception unless
I unseal our copy of xalan.jar, at which point I get a NoSuchMethod
call when executing
  SAXParserFactory factory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance()
in our code.

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: SAX 2.0, sealing, Tomcat 3.2.3

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Andrew Cooke at andrew@intertrader.com wrote:

> I don't want to use 4.0 as it's beta.

Don't worry about being a beta... It's stable, _VERY_ stable.

    Pier

Re: SAX 2.0, sealing, Tomcat 3.2.3

Posted by Andrew Cooke <an...@intertrader.com>.
At 11:14 AM 7/31/01 -0300, you wrote:
> > At 02:42 PM 7/31/01 +0100, you wrote:
> > [...]
> >>In particular, our code gives the "usual" sealed jar exception unless I
> >>unseal our copy of xalan.jar, at which point I get a NoSuchMethod call
> >>when executing
> >>  SAXParserFactory factory = SAXParserFactory.newInstance()
> >
> > Grrr.  Wrong line.  The error comes from:
> >
> >      myParser = factory.newSAXParser().getXMLReader();
> >
> > Sorry,
> > Andrew
>De todos modos, con Tomcat 4.0 ya no tendrias ese inconveniente. Puedes usar
>varios parsers factories (uno en cada contexto) pues mantiene un classloader
>diferente por contexto. Suerte!!! Good luck!
>Bernardo

Gracias, pero sabes como hacerlo com 3.2.3?  Si no se puede, supongo que
vamos a usar el 4.0, pero no me gustaria porque es beta, no mas...

Andrew

(In English:
- You can do it with 4.0 with a different classloader for each context/parser.
- Is it possible with 3.2.3?  I don't want to use 4.0 as it's beta.)

RE: SAX 2.0, sealing, Tomcat 3.2.3

Posted by Loïc Lefèvre <ll...@fivia.com>.
veut...</div>

Please could you answer in english?