Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Alessandra Tiengo <at...@daisylabs.it> on 2014/06/20 12:07:40 UTC

hadoop 2.4.0 and pig 0.12.1

Hi,
I installed Hadoop-2.4.0 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise following this tutorial
http://www.srccodes.com/p/article/38/build-install-configure-run-apache-hadoop-2.2.0-microsoft-windows-os
I tried to install also Pig-0.12.1.
I changed HADOOP_BIN_PATH in pig.cmd to %HADOOP_HOME%\libexec (to find hadoop-config.cmd).
When I ran $ pig or $pig -help, these commands ended successfully.
When I ran $ pig -x local id.pig or $pig id.pig, I received this warning:
WARN  org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop20.PigJobControl - falling back to default JobControl (not using hadoop 0.20 ?)

I read that "$ ant clean jar-all -Dhadoopversion=23" should resolve the problem,
but it did not work for me, because jetty-6.1.26.zip is missing and, moreover, I am not sure about -Dhadoopversion value.
Finally I downloaded jetty-6.1.26.zip, put it in the correct folder and re-tried "$ ant clean jar-all -Dhadoopversion=23", but it
failed again (Target "-Dhadoopversion" does not exist in the project "Pig").

Could anyone help me? How can I use Pig with Hadoop-2.4.0?

Alessandra Tiengo
DaisyLabs
Polo Tecnologico
Via Fratelli Cuzio 42
Pavia (PV), 27100 Italy

Mobile: +39.392 9631888
desk: +39.0382 1726245
fax: + 39.0382  049387
e-mail: atiengo@daisylabs.it<ma...@daisylabs.it>
www: www.daisylabs.it<https://mail.daisylabs.it/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://mail.daisylabs.it/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.daisylabs.it>
P  Rispettiamo l'ambiente. Se non è necessario, non stampare questa mail

Re: hadoop 2.4.0 and pig 0.12.1

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <pi...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to add. 0.13 release will include pre-built Hadoop-2-compatible jars-

So you won't need to rebuild them any more.

Re: hadoop 2.4.0 and pig 0.12.1

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <pi...@gmail.com>.