Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by an...@e-zest.net on 2006/12/20 09:29:45 UTC

UserManager in JetSpeed-2

Hi,

I want to access the UserManager inside a portlet class using JS-2. I wrote the
following code:

UserManager    userManager = (UserManager)getPortletContext().getAttribute("cps:
UserManager");

Actually, I found this code in the JS-2 samples. I am not getting from where
the attribute "cps:UserManager" is coming. If I run the above code I receive
userManager as null.

Can you please guide me about getting UserManager in JS-2?

Thanks.
regards,

Anand

Re: UserManager in JetSpeed-2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
anand.kulkarni@e-zest.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to access the UserManager inside a portlet class using JS-2. I wrote the
> following code:
>
> UserManager    userManager = (UserManager)getPortletContext().getAttribute("cps:
> UserManager");
>
> Actually, I found this code in the JS-2 samples. I am not getting from where
> the attribute "cps:UserManager" is coming. If I run the above code I receive
> userManager as null.
>
> Can you please guide me about getting UserManager in JS-2?

Add to your jetspeed-portlet.xml:

	<js:services>
         <js:service name='UserManager'/>
	</js:services>