Posted to dev@toree.apache.org by Corey Stubbs <ca...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/13 18:27:52 UTC

Apache Migration

Using this list as a collection of migration items until Jira is set up.
1. Update project module names (for publishing to maven central)
2. Update project version
3. Update package names to be org.apache.toree
4. Update docs to reflect the name toree and update code samples to use new
namespaces
5. Update license headers to remove any spark kernel/IBM references

Re: Apache Migration

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com> wrote:

> So I'm going to change "com.ibm.spark" to "org.apache.toree"

I would recommend following the steps described in

https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org/msg00069.html

Otherwise you might loose the git history of each file, because git will
not identify files as being moved if they are very different. Always check
with gitk or some other visual tool if you can still see the file history
after your commit, before pushing your changes.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Apache Migration