Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chris Chiappone <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/18 17:46:30 UTC

Very unusual issue passing parameters 4.1.2 Any help appreciated greatly

This has been mind boggling me for the last two days.  All I want to
do is pass a string value to a component and I can't seem to get it
work.

The weird thing is this EXACT same code works on two of my other
tapestry apps but not the one I need it to work in.

Here is the exact code I have been using to test:

Test.jwc

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE component-specification PUBLIC
  "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
  "http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_4_0.dtd">

<component-specification class="com.tapestry.components.Test"
    allow-body="no"
    allow-informal-parameters="no">

    <description>Download Link</description>

    <reserved-parameter name="include"/>

    <parameter name="include" required="true"/>

</component-specification>

Test.java

public abstract class Test extends BaseComponent {
	private static org.apache.commons.logging.Log logger =
        org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(Test.class.getName());
	public abstract String getInclude();
	public abstract void setInclude(String include);

	protected void renderComponent(IMarkupWriter writer, IRequestCycle cycle) {
		logger.info("Passed Parameter = "+ getInclude());
    }

}

Border.html

So on two of my tapestry applications this code works fine and I the
string value gets printed out in my log file.  On the other tapestry
app I get a null value.  This app is quite a bit larger and combines
both a struts/jsp like framework and a tapestry framework with quite a
bit of servlet mappings and filters in place.  Does anyone have any
clue into why this would be happening???  Much appreciated if anyone
just has an idea.

PS this must be java 1.4 (and yes it did work when i used the
@Parameter annotation in java 1.5 but I need to move back to 1.4 for
this project)

Thanks!!!

--