Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl> on 2001/08/16 09:13:57 UTC

ending session

Hi all,

I'm playing around with the session control in TDK2.1 and notice the
following error message in the catalina box when the session gets
terminated. I have to add that the session *does* get ended forcing the user
to login in again but I would like to get rid of this message. Village is in
the lib directory so I can't understand the error.

Any ideas?

/Colin

<snip>
Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6-dev
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/workingdogs/village/KeyDef
        at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1631)
        at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.doUpdate(BasePeer.java:1578)
        at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.TurbineUserPeer.doUpdate(TurbineU
serPeer.java:463)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.store(DBUserMan
ager.java:272)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.saveUser(Bas
eSecurityService.java:379)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.saveUser(Turbine
Security.java:261)
        at
org.apache.turbine.om.security.TurbineUser.valueUnbound(TurbineUser.j
ava:649)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.removeAttribute(StandardS
ession.java:953)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.expire(StandardSession.ja
va:551)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.processExpires(StandardMa
nager.java:744)
        at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.run(StandardManager.java:
815)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

</snip>

Re: ending session

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Colin, this means that Village's KeyDef class imports a class which is
not in your CLASSPATH at run-time.  It is very different from the
similar-sounding ClassNotFoundException, which does actually mean that
the class showing up in your stack trace is the one missing at
run-time.  I don't have your solution--that's configuration specific.
But now that you know why the problem exists, you will be able to find
the solution on your own.  =)

                                Daniel

Re: ending session

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Search the mail list archive for NoClassDefFoundError and you
will learn everything there is to know about this problem except
the solution.

The same problem occurs using Resin as well as Tomcat.

Cheers,

Scott