Posted to users@felix.apache.org by T....@brunel.de on 2010/08/13 00:13:43 UTC

What does the artefactId in Felix' POM files mean ?

Just a question hopefully to understand Felix, Maven and POM... interaction

I thought maven is s.th. like ANT in principle and can be extended via
plugins - so far so good

Maven is used to build felix framework - so far so good

BUT why are many bundles in Felix part of maven or s.th. like plugins - I
don't understand the following lines in POM files located in many felix
bundles (like: /felix/trunk/main/pom.xml or
/felix/trunk/examples/servicebased.host/pom.xml)

<build>
 <plugins>
  <plugin>
   <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>

If I understood maven POM description correctly, the artifactId is the
"parent project" to which the POM belongs to and is located in the groupID
within that project.

What does the "maven-bundle-plugin" should tell me ?

Thnx, Thomas

Re: What does the artefactId in Felix' POM files mean ?

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@duguo.org>.
On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:13 PM,  <T....@brunel.de> wrote:
> Maven is used to build felix framework - so far so good
>
> BUT why are many bundles in Felix part of maven or s.th. like plugins - I
>
> What does the "maven-bundle-plugin" should tell me ?

You may think maven-bundle-plugin as a jar task in ant, it generate
correct OSGi headers and package the jar file. It's a generic OSGi
tool and happened to live in Felix community but it can be anywhere
else. More info about the plugin [1]

Dependencies for those three friends are:
Felix -> maven-bundle-plugin -> Maven

[1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html

-Guo