Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/19 15:51:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Hi

As part of Apache Camel 3, we are working on a new modern website
(yeah its long overdue, but work are in progress).

As part of that, we should get a new front-page with a new short
summary what Apache Camel is (eg a tagline).

It would be good to get some ideas rolling what such a tagline could
be and for users of Camel to come up with suggestions.

As Apache Camel has been around for so long, and that it covers so
many different use-cases, then its maybe harder to come up with a
single tag-line that spans all use-cases.

However with the new modern world of containers I came up with:

* Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
cloud-native micro integrations

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

AW: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Posted by ch...@innogy.com.
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure whether it is a good idea to stretch the cloud so much. If I was working for an employer which has to keep secrets, the word "cloud" would surely discourage me.

Kind regards,
Christian

Posted by Trilok Agarwal <ag...@gmail.com>.
Could be anything which express its best feature, like,
"Apache Camel 3 - Simplify Integration"

--
Trilok

Posted by Antonin Stefanutti <an...@stefanutti.fr>.

Posted by Steve973 <st...@gmail.com>.
It would be good to let people who are less familiar with Camel know that
there is already a component for almost everything that you might want to
integrate.  To steal the idea from several years ago about the Android app
store, something along the lines of, "Integrating something? There's a
component for that!" could work.  Yeah, maybe not the *most* catchy slogan,
but something that conveys this type of idea would be a pretty effective
slogan.

Posted by Steve973 <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 for more tag lines.

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net>.
I'm not gonna lie, I don't like anything that comes after "integration framework" ...

I still consider myself a newbie (to Camel), but I like Trilok Agarwal's idea to focus on what Camel is really known for (at least to this newbie) and does really well - simplifying integration.

In fact, before I even saw any of the replies, the first tag-line I thought of was, "Infinite Integration", with the attached silly logo.

Posted by Tadayoshi Sato <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,

* Apache Camel 3 - A full-stack integration framework for building
> cloud-native micro integrations

To be honest, I love the *lightweight-ness* of Apache Camel but the word
"full-stack" sounds like a rather heavier, opinionated framework that
enforces developers how an app should be programmed.

I don't have a talent to come up with catchy taglines, so let me just point
to some known ones:
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/master/docs/user-manual/en/faq/why-the-name-camel.adoc

   -

   You can go a long way with Camel!
   -

   Don’t get the hump get Camel!
   -

   No where to evolve to? Get Camel!
   -

   One hump or two?
   -

   Don’t get lost in a desert of XML config files, get Camel!
   -

   It’s not a mirage, it’s a Camel!

Re: AW: [DISCUSS] - Apache Camel 3 - A new tagline

Posted by Ron Cecchini <ro...@comcast.net>.
(This is the graphic I was trying to send yesterday.  Please excuse the horrendous ASCII "art" !)

   Infinite Integration!

     _ oo
    / '
    |    Java = Camel
  '_/ 1

Posted by ski n <ra...@gmail.com>.
It can be straight-forward like:

"Apache Integration Framework"

Apache, because it's well-known and trusted
Integration Framework, because that's what it is.

If it needs to be more punchy than

"Integrate everything"

Sounds good to me. Alternative taglines:

Integration for all with all
Integration framework, that let integration work
Get your data together
IF Camel, what ELSE (where IF=Integration Framework)

Raymond

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for "Integrate Everything!"
it's simple and catchy.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@redhat.com>.
+1 for "Integrate Everything!"

Posted by Bill Durksen <bi...@cimcorp.com>.
Here's one that uses (hints at) the camel metaphor:

	"Delivering your messages anywhere, instantly!"

Bill Durksen
The information contained in this E-mail is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this communication in error, please delete or destroy any copies of it.

Posted by Dicken George <di...@gmail.com>.
Here is one !

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Valdis Andersons <va...@vhi.ie>.