Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Nicolas Aguilé <na...@wanadoo.fr> on 2005/08/26 10:50:32 UTC

Problem with ExtractorManager when BindingStore is activated

Hi,

I've configured Slide 2.2pre1 on my tomcat 5.5.9 server, it works fine.
I've activated bindings on my node, the content indexer with the
org.apache.slide.index.lucene.LuceneContentIndexer class and the
extractors.
When i put a file in my content node, nothings happen in the index
directory.

If i remove the BindingStore configuration ant put a file, the content
index directory contain files (dletavle, _1.cfs,...)

i think i've found the reason of this behaviour but i still need help
for solving it.

The problem comes from the 'matches' method from the ExtractorManager
class.
- when binding is disabled the line
   uri.startsWith(extractor.getUri()) returns true because :
      uri is /documents/install.txt
      extractor.uri=/documents

- but when binding is enabled :
   uri is /112497926846/0/29
   extractor.uri=/documents       this meens that 'matches' never match
an Extractor so content ise never indexed.

When reading metadata/.def.xml i've seen the tag <child name="documents"
uuri="112497926846/0/23" />
and in metadata/112497926846/0/29.def.xml there is the tag <parent
name="install.txt" uuri="112497926846/0/23" />

I need help from a developper of slide (or someone else) because i don't
know how to retrieve these properties for matching them.
If i modify the PutMethod class for filling the displayname property
with the uri /documents/install.txt ans modify the 'matches' method of
ExtractorManager for testing descriptor.getName() instead of  uri seems
solve the problem But is this a good solution ????

Waiting for comments, thanks

--
Nicolas Aguilé
na.ais40@wanadoo.fr