Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Francis ANDRE <fr...@orange.fr> on 2011/03/30 16:54:16 UTC

Help: Contribution how-to

Hi

I would like to donate a small contribution to the Mina project as a
protocol codec for the RFC 1006. How should I proceed? May be there is an
already existing document describing how to proceed, in which case just drop
me the URL.

For those interested, here the RFC:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1006.html

Rgds

Francis ANDRE

Re: Help: Contribution how-to

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 3/30/11 5:52 PM, Francis ANDRE wrote:
>
>> On my side, I am using the RFC 1006 in my own implementation of a full
>> java OSI stack. Have a look at http://www.kampbel.net

This is the balls! Finally I can write my own router with MINA :-D.

> I worked for years in a company which was implementing all those X.NNN
> specifications, and I must say I'm quite please to get rid of it :) Still,
> I'm an ASN.1 fan, I have no idea why.

You're masochistic?

Best,
Alex

Re: Help: Contribution how-to

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 3/30/11 5:52 PM, Francis ANDRE wrote:
> On my side, I am using the RFC 1006 in my own implementation of a full java OSI stack. Have a look at http://www.kampbel.net

Sounds like a crazy idea ! Could be fun too...

I'm wondering who is still using OSI stack now. I worked for years in a
company which was implementing all those X.NNN specifications, and I
must say I'm quite please to get rid of it :) Still, I'm an ASN.1 fan, I
have no idea why.

Also OSI is most certainly used by big telco companies and banks. They
have massively invested in such technologies back in the 90's...

Interesting.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

RE: Help: Contribution how-to

Posted by Francis ANDRE <fr...@orange.fr>.
Oups...

here the proper URL: http://www.kampbell.net

Re: Help: Contribution how-to

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

RE: Help: Contribution how-to

Posted by Francis ANDRE <fr...@orange.fr>.
Hi Julien

Re: Help: Contribution how-to

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.

Re: Help: Contribution how-to

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 30 March 2011 16:20, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/30/11 4:54 PM, Francis ANDRE wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>
> Hi,
>>

>> I would like to donate a small contribution to the Mina project as a
>> protocol codec for the RFC 1006. How should I proceed? May be there is an
>> already existing document describing how to proceed, in which case just
>> drop
>> me the URL.
>
> It's really easy : create a new JIRA, attach your code to it. You also have
> to grant the code to The ASF (there is a check boc for that, AFAIR).
>
> Some bit of documentation is also welcomed.

And unit tests of course...

Re: Help: Contribution how-to

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.