Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by yanivG <ya...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 09:56:18 UTC

HBase leader node - Is there such an animal?

Hi,
I have noticed that from time to time, one hbase node (out of 6) is more
active.
More active = its replication queue is higher, disk IO is higher and so on.

Is there a reason for that? Will it be the same one all the time, or it will
randomly move between nodes?

Re: HBase leader node - Is there such an animal?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
bq. by hashing the first 2 bytes.

Does this achieve good distribution ? You may want to include more bytes.

Posted by yanivG <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
What you described sounds like a hot spot.
I have never heard of 'leader node' in hbase.

One cause for hotspot could be due to (suboptimal) schema design.

Cheers