Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ron Smith <po...@pmbx.net> on 2008/07/16 05:15:57 UTC

orphaned .tmp files in the submission folder

Hi,

I'm using spamc/spamd with CommuniGate Pro. When spamd puts the file
in the submission folder it USUALLY gets a .sub extension applied
within a minute or two. However I am seeing orphaned files that are
both non-spam and spam that just get left as .tmp files. Many times
these files have multiple .tmp extensions (up to 9 or 10 of them) as
though spamd just coughed and started over.

Currently I'm examining these files and deleting the spam and using a
drag and drop renaming utility to manually submit (add the .sub
extensions) these files a couple of times a day.

Why is this happening and what settings changes will stop it? I've
tried more spamd children and less spamd children. I've turned
autowhitelisting off and on. I've checked all the mysql spamassassin
database files and they are in working order.

Here's the Startup.sh script that CommuniGate pro runs with variations
of the spamd command that I've tried:

#!/bin/sh
#SpamAssassin daemonstartup

spamd -d -x -q -u nobody -x -m 5 -r /var/Communigate/spamdprocessid
#spamd -d -x -q -u nobody -x -m 8 --ident-timeout=15  -r /var/
Communigate/spamd$
#spamd -d -x -Q -m 8 --ident-timeout=15  -r /var/Communigate/
spamdprocessid

My hardware/software setup is as follow:

Mac OS X 10.5.4 client
4 gb ram
spamd with up to 5 children
CommuniGate Pro 5.2.5