Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by "Bergquist, Brett" <BB...@canoga.com> on 2011/11/28 15:07:00 UTC

Got an error doing an online backup and don't know where to look

Got this error two nights in a row now while doing an online backup:

      [sql] Failed to execute:  CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE('/containe
r1/backup/database/2011-11-28_00-15')
      [sql] java.sql.SQLException: Cannot backup the database, got an I/O Except
ion while writing to the backup container file /container1/backup/database/2011-
11-28_00-15/csemdb/seg0/cf3a0.dat.

I run the online backup through an ANT SQL task.   The 'derby.log' does not show any errors, the server system log (Oracle M5000/Solaris 10) shows no errors either.   I am stumped where to look and any help will be greatly appreciated.