Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Tim Colson <tc...@cisco.com> on 2003/07/01 23:59:06 UTC

Architecture Overview?

Say folks -
  There has been a lot of discussion about the Velocity engine. But for
me, any large piece of code (even with great Javadocs) is hard to get a
handle on by just digging around in the src.

  It would really help me, and perhaps other folks interested in working
on the core Velocity engine, to have a document that describes the
architecture and how the engine actually works. A pretty diagram or
three might be nice. ;-)

Is there already something like this for Velocity?

Howabout using the Apache Wiki for this?

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?VelocityProjectPages
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?VelocityArchitecture

Wiki - where everyone is a committer. :-)

Thanks,
Tim

RE: Architecture Overview?

Posted by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com>.
I think this is a pretty good idea... I'd be interested in learning
about it