Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by Dobri Kitipov <kd...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/25 09:34:33 UTC

Kandula2, latest Axis2 and Maven2

Hi everybody,

Currently I am trying to do an integration of kandula2 with one of our
products.

What I am interested in is do you tend to keep Kandula2 in synch with the
latest axis2 snapshots. I mean axis2 guys are doing lots of changes, but
kandula2 still uses some old axis2 versions which can be seen from
project.properties' "Versions of dependencies" section. The other jars cited
in this maven file are also not the latest ones. I will try these days to
synch the kandula2 with more resent axis2, but I will appreciate any
comments. May be you have some experience with this process.

I have already had some experience to do that. For example in the more
recent version of axis-kernel.jar
org.apache.axis2.context.ServiceContexthas been changed and one of the
constructors used into kandula2 has
different modifier, it was "public" now it has none (so it is none(package)
access modifier).
Another thing happened is that I should refactor the kandula2 src because
for example it was expecting
org.oasis_open.docs.ws_tx.wscoor._2006._06.CoordinationContext_type3, but
org.oasis_open.docs.ws_tx.wscoor._2006._06.CoordinationContext_type0 was
generated after invoking maven. Another example is Identifier_type1 is
generated as Identifier_type0. There are some AxisFault and exception
handling changes, too.

Do you think to migrate to java 1.5? As we can see from project.properties'
"Compile" section 1.3 version is used. Any comments?

Another question is do you've thought about moving to maven2. Do you think
it will be a hard task? What are the reasons not to do that yet? Just lack
of time or something more?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Kandula2, latest Axis2 and Maven2

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
> Currently I am trying to do an integration of kandula2 with one of our
> products.
cool...
> What I am interested in is do you tend to keep Kandula2 in synch with the
> latest axis2 snapshots. I mean axis2 guys are doing lots of changes, but
> kandula2 still uses some old axis2 versions which can be seen from
> project.properties' "Versions of dependencies" section.
At one point I decided not to go after a moving target as Axis2 has
been changing a lot recently and on the other hand the Axis2 1.2
version had everything we wanted for Kandula2...

I'm fine with synching up  with latest Axis2 if somebody has a requirement...

>The other jars cited
> in this maven file are also not the latest ones. I will try these days to
> synch the kandula2 with more resent axis2, but I will appreciate any
> comments. May be you have some experience with this process.
Cool... I'll try to give a helping hand as time permits...
I'm sure the following doc will help you...
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis2/changesfrom1%2e2to1%2e3

> I have already had some experience to do that. For example in the more
> recent version of axis-kernel.jar
> org.apache.axis2.context.ServiceContext has been changed
> and one of the constructors used into kandula2 has different modifier, it
> was "public" now it has none (so it is none(package) access modifier).
> Another thing happened is that I should refactor the kandula2 src because
> for example it was expecting
> org.oasis_open.docs.ws_tx.wscoor._2006._06.CoordinationContext_type3,
> but
> org.oasis_open.docs.ws_tx.wscoor._2006._06.CoordinationContext_type0
> was generated after invoking maven. Another example is Identifier_type1 is
> generated as Identifier_type0. There are some AxisFault and exception
> handling changes, too.
>
> Do you think to migrate to java 1.5? As we can see from project.properties'
> "Compile" section 1.3 version is used. Any comments?
Axis2 still depends on java1.4... I don't see any pressing equirement
for moving in to 1.5... I do not want to move unless there is a real
blocking issue of using 1.4...

> Another question is do you've thought about moving to maven2. Do you think
> it will be a hard task? What are the reasons not to do that yet? Just lack
> of time or something more?
AFAIKS it won't be a hard task... But I keep on repeating to myself
the question "why", as we have a working maven1 build....  Personally
I'm not a fan of maven2... I have some bad experiences using maven2..

Also regarding the time, I think we have much more pressing issues
than revamping the build :)...

Awaiting a series of patches from you :)...

thanks,
Thilina

--
Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com