Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/20 09:32:41 UTC

Build error on java\sca -- Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo descriptors found in plugin.

I am hitting a build error on trunk, i.e. java/sca.  The error message is
"Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo descriptors found in plugin."
Any hints on how to resolve this problem?  Output from command window is
given below.

[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Apache Tuscany SCA Definitions Shade Transformer for
Distributio
n Bundle
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [plugin:descriptor]
[INFO] Using 2 extractors.
[INFO] Applying extractor for language: java
[INFO] Extractor for language: java found 0 mojo descriptors.
[INFO] Applying extractor for language: bsh
[INFO] Extractor for language: bsh found 0 mojo descriptors.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo descriptors found in
plugin.
'

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 7 minutes 56 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Mar 20 13:50:19 IST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 63M/118M
[INFO]

Re: Build error on java\sca -- Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo descriptors found in plugin.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Forgot to mention in my earlier post.  I am using Maven 2.0.6, Sun JDK
> > 1.5.0on Windows XP.
> >
> > ++Vamsi
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Vamsavardhana Reddy <
> > c1vamsi1c@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I am hitting a build error on trunk, i.e. java/sca.  The error message
> > is
> > > "Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo descriptors found in
> > plugin."
> > > Any hints on how to resolve this problem?  Output from command window
> > is
> > > given below.
> > >

> > > [INFO]

> > > ---
> > > [INFO] Building Apache Tuscany SCA Definitions Shade Transformer for
> > > Distributio
> > > n Bundle
> > > [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
> > > [INFO]

> > > ---
> > > [INFO] [plugin:descriptor]
> > > [INFO] Using 2 extractors.
> > > [INFO] Applying extractor for language: java
> > > [INFO] Extractor for language: java found 0 mojo descriptors.
> > > [INFO] Applying extractor for language: bsh
> > > [INFO] Extractor for language: bsh found 0 mojo descriptors.
> > > [INFO]

> > > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > > [INFO]

> > > [INFO] Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo descriptors found
> > in
> > > plugin.
> > > '
> > >
> > > [INFO]

> > > [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
> > > [INFO]

> > > [INFO] Total time: 7 minutes 56 seconds
> > > [INFO] Finished at: Thu Mar 20 13:50:19 IST 2008
> > > [INFO] Final Memory: 63M/118M
> > > [INFO]

> Hi Vamsi
>
> I'm not seeing this problem. Are you sure you want to build the
> distribution?
>
> Simon

I take it back, I realize that issue you have here is with the new shade
transformer that we have and which lives in tools/maven/maven-definitions. I
believe this is only used during the bundle build which I expect you don't
need to do so you should be safe to skip this module for now.

Unfortunately I still have no idea why it's failing for you.

Regards

Simon

Re: Build error on java\sca -- Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo descriptors found in plugin.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.