Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> on 2014/02/28 12:36:52 UTC

Hosting/Github

I see that Spark is hosting their source at github and using Atlassian for it’s issue tracking. I didn’t realize that that’s an option. Does anyone here know the procedures for this? Could we just do it? How does INFRA feel about this?

BTW - I’m bringing this up here and not on @general to avoid spamming them. But, I’ll bring it up there if needed.

-JZ

Re: Hosting/Github

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Thanks - yeah what I’m really after is pull requests. It’s so much better than patches. Jira can stay put really. It’s fine. I was just wondering why Spark is using an external system.

-JZ

From: Enis Söztutar Enis Söztutar
Reply: dev@curator.apache.org dev@curator.apache.org
Date: March 1, 2014 at 8:03:13 AM
To: dev@curator.apache.org dev@curator.apache.org
Subject:  Re: Hosting/Github
Yes you can create an INFRA issue for this mirroring. The canonical git
repo will be the apache one. github will be read only mirror. There is also
new github-pull request integration as well. When a pull request is created
there is a two-way integration between pull-request and mailing list.
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/improved_integration_between_apache_andcontains
some details. I am not sure about Atlassian hosted jira though.
They should have moved AFAIK, unless that changed recently.

By @general, you mean incubator general? Curator is no longer incubating,
the PMC / committers can decide on their own ( of course still bound by the
apache policy).

Enis

Re: Hosting/Github

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.