Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by Varadaraj Bhat <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/12 18:53:11 UTC

Question about Installation

Hello Team,
I am having issues installing the latest version of Apache Lens . Thought I
would reach out since I have spent some time with fixing it ( and still
struggling)​​.
Again, I might be missing something fundamental and I am sorry for a the
longish email.

Main use case - We are trying to evaluate Apache Lens for a customer who is
traditionally has OLAP experience and uses SQL Server Analysis Services
across the enterprise. We wanted to show them something similar in Hadoop
world where we provide an interface to the business users on an existing
Hadoop based data lake with close to around 5 TB of data. We would be using
Apache Lens in conjunction with apache zeppelin.

   1. I have Hortonworks 2.3 in a 10 node cluster ( Evaluation Purpose with
   scaled down data )
   2. CentOS 7.X installation
   3. Downloaded and unzipped the installables
      - wget
      http://www.eu.apache.org/dist//lens/2.3-beta/apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-bin.tar.gz
      - tar zxvf apache-lens-2.3.0-beta-bin.tar.gz
      4. Considering Hadoop and Hive are already installed throught
   Hortonworks, set the variables to
      - export HADOOP_HOME=/usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client;
      - export HIVE_HOME=/usr/hdp/current/hive-client;
   5. Configured lens-env.sh [image: Inline image 1]
   6. ​Started Lens server [image: Inline image 2]
   7. The log fine shows me the below error.

​​[image: Inline image 3]

Not sure what is the mistake I am doing.

Regards,
Raj Bhat
Phone : +91-9535577362

Re: Question about Installation

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raj,
You would need to install inmobi's Hive version for installation of Lens.
Could you try the steps mentioned here [1] and check if it works for you.

Let us know if you are still facing the issue.  Also please share images
via public image hosting websites like imgur or send the text error log if
possible.

Best regards,

1. https://lens.apache.org/lenshome/install-and-run.html#

- Thanks, via mobile,  excuse brevity.

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.
Raj,

you can look at lensserver.out.* files in log directory for more
information on the error, if you are not finding in .log file.

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.
Raj,

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raj,