Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Gaël Renoux <ga...@datadome.co> on 2019/09/23 09:44:30 UTC

Job name in logs

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to specify the job name in the logging pattern (since the
logging configuration is global for the cluster)? We have two different
jobs running on our Flink cluster, and when there's a message it's not
obvious which of the two is logging. We can figure it out most of the time
from the thread's name (which contains the operator's name), but we have to
do it on a log by log basis - there's no global criteria to filter on one
of those jobs.

Looking around, I found this question on StackOverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44573148/flink-logging-getting-job-name-or-job-id>,
but it's two years old and the proposed solution implies a ton of
boilerplate. We're using Flink 1.8.1 (and logback and logz.io, if that
matters).

Thank you for your help!

Gaël Renoux