Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl> on 2007/01/30 12:49:30 UTC

[2.2] can't mount sitemap using resource:// (spring configurator doesn't use SourceResolver?)

Hi,

I'm trying to mount a sitemap which is loaded from a resource. The
spring configurator seems to have problems with this, because I'm
getting a FileNotFoundException. Some parent of
ChildXmlWebApplicationContext tries to load the file
'/resource://test.xmap' (and I try to load the sitemap
'resource://test.xmap' of course).

The code goes trough
ChildXmlWebApplicationContext.getResourceByPath(String path), but fails
on line 101 (creating a new URL object that starts with the
"resource://" scheme). Then it captures the error, and delegates the

Should the ChildXmlWebApplicationContext use the SourceResolver,
instead??

Thanks,
Bart.

Re: [2.2] can't mount sitemap using resource:// (spring configurator doesn't use SourceResolver?)

Posted by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl>.
I filed the bug report:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1995

I can see if I can fix it and provide a patch - can you tell me where I
should start looking? I guess ChildXmlWebApplicationContext isn't the
only location where the SourceResolver is required?

Bart.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [2.2] can't mount sitemap using resource:// (spring configurator doesn't use SourceResolver?)

Posted by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Bart Molenkamp wrote:
>> As said, the sitemap is loaded with <map:mount src="resource://test.xmap" .../>.
>> And the file is available on the classpath. How about using other sources, like
>> the slide:// or xmldb:// to load sitemaps? Are they supported now?
>>
> Hi,
>
> no, currently only spring supported protocols work (file, http).
> Actually this is a bug in the new avalon sitemap support/avalon bridge;
> this is not a problem of the spring configurator.

Why does this configurator run anyways when loading a sitemap? Sitemaps
shouldn't contain component configurations anymore, right? In my case,
there are no configurations in the sitemap, I moved them to a separate
file in the META-INF/cocoon/avalon directory.

If configuration is disabled for sitemaps, we don't need the source
resolver for that.

> I agree that we should/use support the source resolver in these cases.
> Could you please file a bug report?

Sure.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl>.
As said, the sitemap is loaded with <map:mount src="resource://test.xmap" .../>.
And the file is available on the classpath. How about using other sources, like
the slide:// or xmldb:// to load sitemaps? Are they supported now?

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not open ServletContext resource [/resource://test.xmap]
	at org.springframework.web.context.support.ServletContextResource.getInputStream(ServletContextResource.java:99)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.getInputSource(ConfigurationReader.java:170)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.convertSitemap(ConfigurationReader.java:226)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.readSitemap(ConfigurationReader.java:100)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.SitemapElementParser.readConfiguration(SitemapElementParser.java:66)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.BridgeElementParser.parse(BridgeElementParser.java:74)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:68)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1078)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1068)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:133)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:90)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:495)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:390)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:340)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:317)
	at org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.ChildXmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(ChildXmlWebApplicationContext.java:82)
	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:91)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:94)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:292)
	at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.SitemapHelper.createContainer(SitemapHelper.java:323)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SitemapLanguage.build(SitemapLanguage.java:344)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor27.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.PoolableProxyHandler.invoke(PoolableProxyHandler.java:61)
	at $Proxy1.build(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.buildConcreteProcessor(TreeProcessor.java:390)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.setupConcreteProcessor(TreeProcessor.java:324)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.buildPipeline(TreeProcessor.java:245)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:107)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:55)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNode.invoke(MatchNode.java:87)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:77)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:151)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:77)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:93)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:240)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.buildPipeline(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:187)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.buildPipeline(TreeProcessor.java:246)
[...]
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSource.init(SitemapSource.java:266)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSource.<init>(SitemapSource.java:147)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSourceFactory.getSource(SitemapSourceFactory.java:65)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.CocoonSourceResolver.resolveURI(CocoonSourceResolver.java:152)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.CocoonSourceResolver.resolveURI(CocoonSourceResolver.java:182)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.DefaultContentAggregator.setup(DefaultContentAggregator.java:289)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor60.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.PoolableProxyHandler.invoke(PoolableProxyHandler.java:61)
	at $Proxy3.setup(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:341)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:714)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.preparePipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:464)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:409)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor55.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.PoolableProxyHandler.invoke(PoolableProxyHandler.java:61)
	at $Proxy2.process(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:134)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:77)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SwitchSelectNode.invoke(SwitchSelectNode.java:88)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:77)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ContainerNode.invoke(ContainerNode.java:37)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.CategoryNode.invokeByName(CategoryNode.java:65)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.CallNode.invoke(CallNode.java:83)
[...]
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:171)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:233)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:115)
[...]
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:349)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.RequestProcessor.service(RequestProcessor.java:163)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet.service(SitemapServlet.java:61)
	at org.apache.cocoon.blocks.BlockContext$PathDispatcher.forward(BlockContext.java:529)
	at org.apache.cocoon.blocks.BlockContext$PathDispatcher.forward(BlockContext.java:511)
	at org.apache.cocoon.blocks.BlockServlet.service(BlockServlet.java:122)
	at org.apache.cocoon.blocks.DispatcherServlet.service(DispatcherServlet.java:126)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.