Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen Bacon <sb...@aod.cx> on 2001/11/05 22:35:42 UTC

How to prevent non-ssl access to an app?

Hello,
   I have just installed RedHat Linux 7.1 with Apache (v 1.3.19 r5) and
Tomcat (v 3.2.3 r1)
I have enabled SSL and installed certificates and it's all working fine.
However!
my jsp app can be reached via both http://blah_blah_blah and
https://blah_blah_blah (i.e. encrypted and non-encrypted)
I would like to restrict it to only being served via SSL.
I cannot figure out how to do this, so any guidance would be appreciated.
thanks,
   -Steve Bacon

the only change I've made to my server.xml is the addition of (at the
bottom of the <ContextManager> section):

         <Context path="/stbapp"
                  docBase="webapps/stbapp"
                  debug="0"
                  reloadable="true" >