Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Marco von Frieling <te...@gmx.de> on 2006/05/17 13:34:33 UTC

LoggerMatchFilter question

Hello.

I would log messages from all types of a specific module (e. g. caching) to
an extra appender, lets say to a TraceAppender. "Module" means that the
classes functionalities are related to one topic, but they are in different
namespaces and possibly different assemblies. So I thought I could use the
LoggerMatchFilter for this, but it does not work because the filter uses the
string.StartsWith() method.
But for my szenario it should use the string.Contains() method. Why is does
that filter not exist? Maybe you could implement it in the same filter with
an additional parameter

<param name="useContains" value="true"/>

with the default set to false, so that this extension does not change
current behavior?

Marco

--
Marco von Frieling
In den Ackern 8

eMail: teuchlfex1202@gmx.de

Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft f�r 0,- Euro*!