Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/03 08:17:54 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Improve TableFactory

Hi Jark,

Thanks involving, yes, it's hard to understand to add isBounded on the
source.
I recommend adding only to sink at present, because sink has upstream. Its
upstream is either bounded or unbounded.

Hi all,

Let me summarize with your suggestions.

public interface TableSourceFactory<T> extends TableFactory {

   /**
    * Creates and configures a {@link TableSource} based on the given
{@link Context}.
    *
    * @param context context of this table source.
    * @return the configured table source.
    */
   default TableSource<T> createTableSource(Context context) {
      ObjectIdentifier tableIdentifier = context.getTableIdentifier();
      return createTableSource(
            new ObjectPath(tableIdentifier.getDatabaseName(),
tableIdentifier.getObjectName()),
            context.getTable());
   }

   /**
    * Context of table source creation. Contains table information and
environment information.
    */
   interface Context {

      /**
       * @return full identifier of the given {@link CatalogTable}.
       */
      ObjectIdentifier getTableIdentifier();

      /**
       * @return table {@link CatalogTable} instance.
       */
      CatalogTable getTable();

      /**
       * @return readable config of this table environment.
       */
      ReadableConfig getTableConfig();
   }
}

public interface TableSinkFactory<T> extends TableFactory {

   /**
    * Creates and configures a {@link TableSink} based on the given
{@link Context}.
    *
    * @param context context of this table sink.
    * @return the configured table sink.
    */
   default TableSink<T> createTableSink(Context context) {
      ObjectIdentifier tableIdentifier = context.getTableIdentifier();
      return createTableSink(
            new ObjectPath(tableIdentifier.getDatabaseName(),
tableIdentifier.getObjectName()),
            context.getTable());
   }

   /**
    * Context of table sink creation. Contains table information and
environment information.
    */
   interface Context {

      /**
       * @return full identifier of the given {@link CatalogTable}.
       */
      ObjectIdentifier getTableIdentifier();

      /**
       * @return table {@link CatalogTable} instance.
       */
      CatalogTable getTable();

      /**
       * @return readable config of this table environment.
       */
      ReadableConfig getTableConfig();

      /**
       * @return Input whether or not it is bounded.
       */
      boolean isBounded();
   }
}

If there is no objection, I will start a vote thread. (if necessary, I can
also edit a FLIP).

Best,
Jingsong Lee

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [DISCUSS] Improve TableFactory

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jark,

I think user ClassLoader is clear in SQL-CLI. I agree with you that we can
add ClassLoader to Context.

But how to implement user ClassLoader in TableEnvironment, there is no
ClassLoader in TableEnvironment. (Maybe EnvironmentSettings could contains
user ClassLoader in the future)

So I recommend maybe we can have a whole story design about ClassLoader in
Table.

Guowei and Yingjie is working on supporting Table API connectors in
Plugins, it is ClassLoader thing, I think they can have some inputs.

Best,
Jingsong Lee

--
Best, Jingsong Lee