Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com> on 2015/05/13 03:48:53 UTC

Turning off queries to SORBS

Is there a way to turn off queries to SORBS so I don't keep seeing this
in my logs:

error (connection refused) resolving
'23.164.11.209.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN': 67.228.187.34#53

I have Bind9 setup as a caching name server and am using 127.0.0.1 as my
DNS.

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Re: Turning off queries to SORBS

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 18:59 -0400, Kris Deugau wrote:
> [...]
> > awk statement.
>
> From your logs, $10 (the tenth blob of non-whitespace) is the lookup
> that was attempted.  $11 is the remote server your cache tried first and
> got refused by.
>
> That looks like essentially the same list as I found, so it looks like
> SORBS has a number of bad servers.  I checked the list of nameservers
> returned by "host -t ns dnsbl.sorbs.net", and I find it curious that
> only the first one seems to actually be in that list, but given the
> scale they're operating on I can imagine several reasons an apparently
> uninvolved IP would be responding for their DNSBL subzone.
>
> There's nothing on your end to do other than fiddle with logging to hide
> the noise;  so long as what you're looking up in DNS can be found on
> another server, your "client" lookups (either by hand with host, dig,
> etc or by eg SpamAssassin) will succeed.
>
> > A spam came through a bit ago and this was in the SA markup:
> >
> > 0.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP
> > address
> >                             [70.197.75.74 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
>
> score RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL 0 0.001 0 0.001
>
> This is an advisory rule, mainly used in meta rules.
>
> > Looking back at my spam folder this was the markup on a spam that came
> > in earlier today before I made the change to my resolv.conf and
> > commented out the 'search' line:
> >
> > 0.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP
> > address
> >                             [70.197.79.50 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
> >
> > The output as shown in my syslog is attached which shows
> >
> > named[1091]: error (connection refused) resolving
> > '50.79.197.70.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN': 174.36.235.174#53
>
> Your BIND cache tried to look up "50.79.197.70.dnsbl.sorbs.net" from
> 174.36.235.174, but was refused, so it tried another nameserver and got
> a response (I get 127.0.0.10 as of writing).
>
> It's not so great that one or more of their nameservers is refusing
> queries, but their DNSBL data is served from 13 or more logical servers
> as listed by "host -t ns dnsbl.sorbs.net", and it's likely there's more
> than one physical machine for each of those NS listings.
>
> It's only a problem when a zone only *has* one listed nameserver, or
> *all* of the nameservers refuse queries.  In that case you can't get an
> answer, but otherwise your cache (of any flavour) should walk the list
> of nameservers until it gets a response of some kind.
>
> > Am I screwed up in the head here and it's working as shown in the markup
> > above or is the queries to SORBS not working and I need to fix
> > something?
>
> The problem is with a couple of SORBS nameservers, your cache is just
> reporting the problem before retrying the query with another one from
> the list.  SpamAssassin (or any other client doing a DNS lookup) doesn't
> know and doesn't care.
>
> What you're seeing logged by BIND is a transient failure that only slows

I understand now Kris, I guess I've been going on about nothing
basically as like you said if the reply from one server fails it tries
another and so on. I don't mind the logging to syslog and I guess I
should have realized awhile back that not every query in every message
fails but it just didn't hit me that way. I guess this happens when you
get old, little things tend to bother you.

Thanks again
Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.
Am 14.05.2015 um 00:59 schrieb Kris Deugau:
>> As far as running something other than Bind, I'd run it for many years
>> on my old Mandriva box before it crashed. Once I got it up and running
>> (with some help from the Bind users list) I never had one single
>> problem.
>
> *nod*  I continue to use it on my own server and as a LAN cache because
> I'm familiar with it and its minor warts don't cause issue.  (And one
> arguable misfeature makes certain parts of managing my own LAN DNS a
> little simpler.)  About all switching would do is give you minor
> headaches learning the new configuration, and probably fresh new
> confusing log entries

well, we operate some hundret doomains using BIND as nameservers, but
that don't make it the best caching-only resolver while unbound's
"cache-min-ttl" helps to reduce the outgoing dns queries to spamhaus by
ignore the very low TTL and the config is just simple, evem a tuned one
like below

server:
  verbosity: 1
  statistics-interval: 86400
  statistics-cumulative: no
  extended-statistics: no

  num-threads: 1
  outgoing-range: 1024
  num-queries-per-thread: 512
  msg-cache-slabs: 8
  rrset-cache-slabs: 8
  infra-cache-slabs: 8
  key-cache-slabs: 8
  so-rcvbuf: 4m
  so-sndbuf: 4m
  minimal-responses: yes

  msg-cache-size: 96m
  neg-cache-size: 96m
  rrset-cache-size: 192m
  cache-min-ttl: 600
  cache-max-ttl: 10800

  interface: 127.0.0.1
  access-control: 127.0.0.0/8 allow
  interface-automatic: no
  port: 53
  do-ip4: yes
  do-ip6: no
  do-udp: yes
  max-udp-size: 1024
  edns-buffer-size: 1024
  do-tcp: yes

  do-daemonize: yes
  username: "unbound"
  use-syslog: yes
  log-time-ascii: yes
  hide-identity: yes
  hide-version: yes
  harden-glue: yes
  harden-dnssec-stripped: no
  harden-referral-path: no
  use-caps-for-id: no
  unwanted-reply-threshold: 10000000
  do-not-query-localhost: no
  prefetch: yes
  prefetch-key: yes

Re: Turning off queries to SORBS

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 20.04.2016 um 14:30 schrieb Michelle Sullivan:
>> $ /opt/local/bin/whois 174.36.198.233
>>
>> [... ARIN record elided ...]
>>
>> Found a referral to rwhois.softlayer.com:4321.
>>
>> %rwhois V-1.5:003fff:00 rwhois.attcloudarchitect.com (by Network
>> Solutions, Inc. V-1.5.9.6)
>> network:Class-Name:network
>> network:ID:NETBLK-SOFTLAYER.174.36.192.0/18
>> network:Auth-Area:174.36.192.0/18
>> network:Network-Name:SOFTLAYER-174.36.192.0
>> network:IP-Network:174.36.198.232/30
>> network:IP-Network-Block:174.36.198.232-174.36.198.235
>> network:Organization;I:GFI Software
> Hehe... out of date rwhois server... you expect anything else? :P
>
> (GFI were out of the picture 1 Jul 2011...! )

the problem is most likely a /opt/local/bin/whois from the last century

[harry@rh:~]$ whois --version
Version 5.2.12.

[harry@rh:~]$ ls /usr/bin/whois.md
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 136K 2016-03-29 15:54 /usr/bin/whois.md

[harry@rh:~]$ /usr/bin/whois 174.36.198.233
#
# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
# available at: https://www.arin.net/whois_tou.html
#
# If you see inaccuracies in the results, please report at
# https://www.arin.net/public/whoisinaccuracy/index.xhtml
#

#
# The following results may also be obtained via:
#
https://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q=174.36.198.233?showDetails=true&showARIN=false&showNonArinTopLevelNet=false&ext=netref2
#

NetRange:       174.36.0.0 - 174.37.255.255
CIDR:           174.36.0.0/15
NetName:        SOFTLAYER-4-7
NetHandle:      NET-174-36-0-0-1
Parent:         NET174 (NET-174-0-0-0-0)
NetType:        Direct Allocation
OriginAS:       AS36351
RegDate:        2008-09-12
Updated:        2013-07-12
Ref:            https://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-174-36-0-0-1

OrgName:        SoftLayer Technologies Inc.
OrgId:          SOFTL
Address:        4849 Alpha Rd.
City:           Dallas
StateProv:      TX
PostalCode:     75244
Country:        US
RegDate:        2005-10-26
Updated:        2013-02-20
Ref:            https://whois.arin.net/rest/org/SOFTL

ReferralServer:  rwhois://rwhois.softlayer.com:4321

OrgTechHandle: IPADM258-ARIN
OrgTechName:   IP Admin
OrgTechPhone:  +1-214-442-0601
OrgTechEmail:  ipadmin@softlayer.com
OrgTechRef:    https://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/IPADM258-ARIN

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE1025-ARIN
OrgAbuseName:   Abuse
OrgAbusePhone:  +1-214-442-0601
OrgAbuseEmail:  abuse@softlayer.com
OrgAbuseRef:    https://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/ABUSE1025-ARIN

RAbuseHandle: ABUSE1025-ARIN
RAbuseName:   Abuse
RAbusePhone:  +1-214-442-0601
RAbuseEmail:  abuse@softlayer.com
RAbuseRef:    https://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/ABUSE1025-ARIN

RTechHandle: IPADM258-ARIN
RTechName:   IP Admin
RTechPhone:  +1-214-442-0601
RTechEmail:  ipadmin@softlayer.com
RTechRef:    https://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/IPADM258-ARIN

RNOCHandle: IPADM258-ARIN
RNOCName:   IP Admin
RNOCPhone:  +1-214-442-0601
RNOCEmail:  ipadmin@softlayer.com
RNOCRef:    https://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/IPADM258-ARIN

#
# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
# available at: https://www.arin.net/whois_tou.html
#
# If you see inaccuracies in the results, please report at
# https://www.arin.net/public/whoisinaccuracy/index.xhtml
#

Verweis auf rwhois.softlayer.com:4321 gefunden.

%rwhois V-1.5:003fff:00 rwhois.attcloudarchitect.com (by Network
Solutions, Inc. V-1.5.9.6)
network:Auth-Area:174.36.192.0/18
network:Class-Name:network
network:Street-Address:NA
network:City:NA
network:Postal-Code:27
network:Country-Code:SA
network:Tech-Contact;I:sysadmins@softlayer.com
network:Abuse-Contact;I:abuse@softlayer.com
network:Admin-Contact;I:IPADM258-ARIN
network:Created:2008-06-12 16:43:22
network:Updated:2014-01-20 07:00:50
network:Updated-By:ipadmin@softlayer.com

%ok

Re: Turning off queries to SORBS

Posted by Michelle Sullivan <mi...@sorbs.net>.

http://www.mhix.org/

Re: Turning off queries to SORBS

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 28 Jan 2016, at 8:54, Michelle Sullivan wrote:

[...]

>> Only the first is currently found in a the collection of
>> authoritative
>> nameservers for dnsbl.sorbs.net, but all of them have symmetric PTR/A
>> records, implying that they aren't some sort of poisoning artifact.
>> Also, the last 3 are in small blocks allocated by SoftLayer to GFI
>> Software, the former owner of SORBS.
> Where do you see GFI?  Nothing should show GFI (all the SL stuff is
> owned by Proofpoint)

Tell that to SL, e.g.:

$ /opt/local/bin/whois 174.36.198.233

[... ARIN record elided ...]

Found a referral to rwhois.softlayer.com:4321.

%rwhois V-1.5:003fff:00 rwhois.attcloudarchitect.com (by Network
Solutions, Inc. V-1.5.9.6)
network:Class-Name:network
network:ID:NETBLK-SOFTLAYER.174.36.192.0/18
network:Auth-Area:174.36.192.0/18
network:Network-Name:SOFTLAYER-174.36.192.0
network:IP-Network:174.36.198.232/30
network:IP-Network-Block:174.36.198.232-174.36.198.235
network:Organization;I:GFI Software
network:Street-Address:15300 Weston Parkway,  Suite 104
network:City:Cary
network:State:NC
network:Postal-Code:27513
network:Country-Code:US
network:Tech-Contact;I:sysadmins@softlayer.com
network:Abuse-Contact;I:abuse@gfi.com
network:Admin-Contact;I:IPADM258-ARIN
network:Created:2010-02-22 10:26:09
network:Updated:2015-04-18 20:06:14

Posted by Michelle Sullivan <mi...@sorbs.net>.
Very old thread I know, but have been busy elsewhere...

Bill Cole wrote:

> The SOA and 13 in-zone NS records for dnsbl.sorbs.net both have 1-day
> TTL's, while the A records for the rbldns$x.sorbs.net names to which
> the NS records point have 10-minute TTL's and the IPs those names
> resolves to do change, although not every 10 minutes. The sorbs.net
> serial is 2015050602, implying that the NS records may have been
> stable for a week but that there were 2 or three different rounds of
> changes on May 6. Currently, 11 of the 13 NS's for the dnsbl zone are
> responding to me, sending back 7 different zone serial numbers between
> them, using epoch timestamps spread across 1:02:32. That's not
> unreasonable considering that the refresh time is 2 hours. There are 2
> pairs of serial numbers ~2 minutes apart, so I would guess that's the
> minimum update frequency. The other 2 (rbldns0 and rbldns1) aren't
> responding at all. Interestingly, the upstream glue NS records (from
> the sorbs.net authority) pointing at the rbldns$x names have 10-minute
> TTLs,
> In effect, that means SORBS can swap IP's for their nameservers in and
> out and get many more than 13 IP's being hit by different portions of
> the net because their nameservers are handing out variant versions of
> the zone and clients are looking for new IPs for the nameservers 144
> times per day.

You pretty much sum it up...  However it's not to swap IPs its to allow
us to remove any server that gets DDoSed within a few minutes, similarly
if there is a problem with a particular server... It also allows with
generation of new zone deltas every minute to get all the NS records
cached by the querying servers without resorting to EDNS0 (and therefore
TCP) ... which allow me to scale each server to a minimum of 2500
queries per second all the way up to 40,000 queries per second.

> No, it tells you that those specific 4 nameserver addresses didn't
> respond to queries.
4 is a little unusual, but 2 or 3 is not and 1 is certain..  As the DNS
servers reload their zones they stop responding, the servers can reload
their zones every 60 seconds.

> Only the first is currently found in a the collection of authoritative
> nameservers for dnsbl.sorbs.net, but all of them have symmetric PTR/A
> records, implying that they aren't some sort of poisoning artifact.
> Also, the last 3 are in small blocks allocated by SoftLayer to GFI
> Software, the former owner of SORBS.
Where do you see GFI?  Nothing should show GFI (all the SL stuff is
owned by Proofpoint)

> Finally, the last 2 are also supposed to be authoritative for
> sorbs.net, and it is possible for the various TTLs' expiration to
> leave one in a position of asking those machines instead of the proper
> authorities.
For information:

sorbs.net NS servers will give glue and authority to a sub selection of
the RBL servers (rbldns[1-17].sorbs.net currently possible)
each zone loaded into the rbldns servers has a random selection of 7 NS
records (random at time of generation with any 'Down' servers not in the
possible list)

> So yes: SORBS has some sort of DNS problem, but it isn't fatal.

No, it's probably normal operation, however it would appear to be an
issue when compared to a non-RBL zone.

> The queries to SORBS are *eventually* working, because the normal
> behavior for BIND is to retry with another server when one doesn't
> answer. BIND really wants to tell you about any little problem you'll
> listen too, even if it's transient, so you see these events in logs if
> you log deeply enough.

Some resolvers will send one query to more than one server at the same
time, they then cache the server which responds the fastest as where to
send all future queries until $timeout.

Some send out 3 queries regardless (assuming there are more than 2
servers).  (A way to get this to be almost certain behavior is use a
single NS record pointing at multiple A records.)

Some just send out queries to the same servers as they were told about
them, only moving to the next after a lookup failure.

Some servers seem to rotate (round robin) all the NS records in their
caches and will send queries that way.

Some servers randomise the NS servers they will query every time they
make a query.

...  The SORBS delegation and RBL servers have their current
setup/design since 2007 because it seems to be the best compromise when
you get DDoSed, and for minimising duplicate data whilst having the
ability to reconfigure your network without *most* people noticing... ;-)

Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/

Re: Turning off queries to SORBS

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 13 May 2015, at 20:24, Chris wrote:

> So I guess then that the bottom line is that eventually the queries are
> getting through to SORBS but I'll still be seeing some errors and just
> don't worry about it. Does that sound about right?

Yes.

Re: Turning off queries to SORBS

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
> [...]

awk statement.

A spam came through a bit ago and this was in the SA markup:

0.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP
address
                            [70.197.75.74 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]

Looking back at my spam folder this was the markup on a spam that came
in earlier today before I made the change to my resolv.conf and
commented out the 'search' line:

0.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP
address
                            [70.197.79.50 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]

The output as shown in my syslog is attached which shows

named[1091]: error (connection refused) resolving
'50.79.197.70.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN': 174.36.235.174#53

Am I screwed up in the head here and it's working as shown in the markup
above or is the queries to SORBS not working and I need to fix

14:46:02 up 2 days, 8:55, 3 users, load average: 0.06, 0.21, 0.22

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 10:12 -0400, Kris Deugau wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> > Is there a way to turn off queries to SORBS so I don't keep seeing this
> > in my logs:
> >
> > error (connection refused) resolving
> > '23.164.11.209.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN': 67.228.187.34#53
> >
> > I have Bind9 setup as a caching name server and am using 127.0.0.1 as my
> > DNS.
>
> Are you seeing problems with the actual lookups failing, or just upset
> about the log noise?
>
> I get a fair volume of similar failures in my own log on my personal
> server (4 live accounts, ~500 messages daily, most spam;  log since
> weekly rotation on Sunday):
>
> [root@hex ]# grep 'connection refused' /var/log/messages|grep sorbs|awk
> '{ print $10; }'|sort|uniq -c
>       2 113.52.8.150#53
>      79 174.36.198.233#53
>      74 174.36.235.174#53
>      40 67.228.187.34#53
>
> yet the actual lookups don't fail, they fall over to another upstream
> server.
>
> If it's really that big a problem, you can suppress all such log
> messages in the BIND config.  Depending on which syslog daemon you're
> using, you may be able to suppress only the SORBS failures from reaching
> the log file.  I'm not sure, but you may even be able to tell BIND to
> either not log failures only for SORBS, or never attempt lookups off of
> the failing servers in the first place.
>
> -kgd

Not upset about the 'noise', to my untrained eye it looks to me as if
the lookups are failing:

chris@localhost:/var/log$ grep 'connection refused' /var/log/syslog|grep
sorbs|awk '{ print $10; }'|sort|uniq -c
      1 '11.1.4.96.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '114.210.57.173.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '139.207.161.25.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '183.163.46.207.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '54.139.130.12.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      2 'aftershock.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      2 'cannonball.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      2 'ns0.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 'ns2.sorbs.net/AAAA/IN':
      3 'ns2.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 'ns4.sorbs.net/AAAA/IN':
      3 'ns4.sorbs.net/A/IN':

The above is just from todays syslog starting at 7:40 this morning.

Here's yesterdays:

chris@localhost:/var/log$ grep 'connection refused' /var/log/syslog.1|
grep sorbs|awk '{ print $10; }'|sort|uniq -c
      1 '112.89.189.91.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      2 '11.67.255.128.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '119.123.171.166.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      2 '121.34.211.207.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '136.207.152.107.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      2 '15.6.255.128.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '173.190.42.208.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '178.18.143.94.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '18.167.87.216.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '19.94.189.91.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '202.135.201.205.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      3 '212.163.111.63.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '23.164.11.209.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '236.47.41.192.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '243.86.197.70.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '36.58.176.166.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '48.200.56.41.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      2 '54.139.130.12.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '57.103.45.66.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '73.31.231.89.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '79.242.62.166.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '8.167.87.216.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      1 '96.207.152.107.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':
      2 'ns0.sorbs.net/AAAA/IN':
      2 'ns0.sorbs.net/A/IN':

I really don't want to suppress the syslog entries nor do I not want to
query SORBS, I would just like to figure out why the connection is
refused.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C
31.11°N 97.89°W (Elev. 1092 ft)
09:46:29 up 2 days, 3:55, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.08, 0.11

Posted by Kris Deugau <kd...@vianet.ca>.

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
On 5/13/2015 10:08 AM, David Jones wrote:
> [...]

To make sure you are not forwarding queries to your ISP, check you
named.conf file for any "forwarders" lines.  If you have any, remove
them so your server will do the lookups itself rather than forwarding
them elsewhere.

--
Bowie

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 13.05.2015 um 18:53 schrieb Reindl Harald:
> Am 13.05.2015 um 18:17 schrieb Chris:
>> # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
>> resolvconf(8)
>> #     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
>> nameserver 127.0.0.1
>>

>> nameserver 127.0.0.1
>> search PK5001Z
>
> as already suggested days ago REMOVE "search PK5001Z" because that may
> end for unqualified queries (missing trailing dot) to first ask
> "whatever.PK5001Z" and if they make it to RBL's the reaction likely is
> refuse further queries because a broken resolver detcted

and BTW consider using unbound instead of bind for a caching-only server

finally if just some random queries are failing don't bother, the RBLs
are a cluster of servers and it happens multiple times each week that
barracuda auth servers saying "b.barracudacentral.org" NXDOMAIN because
errors there

if you would make a drama for each failing DNS query on a heavy used
network you would have a lot to cry - as long as you are not using a
forwarder there is not much reason to worry, except your IP itself is on
a sorbs blacklist and hence refused - maybe your MX is listed as DUL
which is no problem if it is only incoming mail and not intended for
sending but a valid reason to reject rbl queries by the policy of the
rbl owner

Re: Turning off queries to SORBS

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.
On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 14:08 +0000, David Jones wrote:
> [...]

David, here is my /etc/resolv.conf

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 127.0.0.1

nameserver 127.0.0.1
search PK5001Z

I only get <100 emails a day, most are directed to the appropriate boxes
by procmail even before they get routed through SA. The rest, maybe 30
or so are either going to be marked as ham or spam by SA.

My /etc/bind/named.conf.options

acl goodclients {
    127.0.0.1;
    localhost;
    localnets;
};

options {
	directory "/var/cache/bind";

     recursion yes;
     allow-query { goodclients; };
	dnssec-validation auto;

	auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
	listen-on-v6 { any; };
};

My /etc/network/interfaces

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
dns-nameservers 127.0.0.1

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Posted by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy McSpadden <je...@fluxlabs.net>.
dig +trace and see if your ISP is intercepting queries.

--
Jeremy McSpadden | Flux Labs
Local - 850-250-5590x501<tel:850-250-5590;501> | Mobile - 850-890-2543<tel:850-890-2543>
Fax - 850-254-2955<tel:850-254-2955> | Toll Free - 877-699-FLUX<tel:877-699-FLUX>
Web - http://www.fluxlabs.net<http://www.fluxlabs.net/>

'23.164.11.209.dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':<http://dnsbl.sorbs.net/A/IN':> 67.228.187.34#53