Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Poindexter, Miles" <Mi...@condenast.com> on 2014/09/23 19:08:19 UTC

Olingo maven

We will probably go in the direction of Apache Olingo for our ODATA
services on TomEE.
So I have now begun investigating by trying to run a Maven Archetype
available from the project site:
http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata2/sample-setup

This sample service runs in Tomcat8, but not in TomEE
mvn archetype:generate \
  -DinteractiveMode=false \
  -Dversion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT \
  -DgroupId=com.sample \
  -DartifactId=my-car-service \
  -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.olingo \
  -DarchetypeArtifactId=olingo-odata2-sample-cars-service-archetype \
  -DarchetypeVersion=RELEASE \

Exception is:
WARNING: Interceptor for
{http://rest.core.odata2.olingo.apache.org/}ODataRootLocator has thrown
exception, unwinding now
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name
[comp/env/org.apache.olingo.odata2.core.rest.ODataRootLocator/app] is not
bound in this Context. Unable to find [comp].
	at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:819)

This is the 2.0 version of Apache Olingo.

We don¹t need their 4.0 version of Odata at all yet, since some of our
clients can only use Odata 2.0 and lower.

Is there a fix/workaround for this to get it working? Do I have to set up
a context resource in conf/tomee.xml?

miles
--
Miles Poindexter