Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jp...@netscape.net on 2006/02/15 09:52:11 UTC

Inserting an older Version into an existing Subversion History

Hello List,
I have migrated a development archive from dated tar archives (e.g. Projekt-2005-10-21.tgz, Projekt-2005-11-31.tgz, ...) into a Subversion repository. Each old tar archive got tagged and is those easy to find. Unfortunately somebody dug out a revision that is older than my starting point (e.g. my revision 1). This version is important because it is the starting point of a separate branch. Is there a way to insert this old version into svn without having to redo the imports and without messing up the history?

Thanks in advance
  Joerg
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com

Re: Inserting an older Version into an existing Subversion History

Posted by jp...@netscape.net.
Ryan,
thanks for your helpful suggestion. This is what I actually did. Work's
fine so far.

Regards
  Joerg

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by "M. Rohrmoser" <mr...@gmx.de>.
Hm,

jpo234@netscape.net schrieb:
> Hello List,
> I have migrated a development archive from dated tar archives (e.g. Projekt-2005-10-21.tgz, Projekt-2005-11-31.tgz, ...) into a Subversion repository. Each old tar archive got tagged and is those easy to find. Unfortunately somebody dug out a revision that is older than my starting point (e.g. my revision 1). This version is important because it is the starting point of a separate branch. Is there a way to insert this old version into svn without having to redo the imports and without messing up the history?

afaik not without fiddling with a repository dump (via svndumpfilter?).

Greetings,

	Marcus