Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Borg <jo...@datastream.com.mt> on 2005/05/18 10:51:15 UTC

Polluted Database

Hi,
I have a suspicion that my bayes DB has wrong entries because of the way I
previously use to train it. I used to use Outlook to bounce spam messages,
but for some reason Microsoft do not seem to implement the 'ReSent'
Header...as a result I think the bayes DB may be using my own email address
as a 'shortcut' for spam. Does anyone know what I can do? Can I clean the
database or should I delete it and start afresh? If so how?

On a similar note, I'm not using Pc-Pine to train the DB. This seems to
implement the ReSent headers fine, however, in looking at a bounced message,
I noticed the following:

From: "Marquis Gonzalez" <ek...@futuramail.com>

I'm worried that the lines with 'mydomain.com' may also be used as a
shortcut by the bayes DB. This would be incorrect since the spam is not
originating from my domain but in this case, from the futuramail.com onwards
part. Should I be concerned?

Thanks for all your help.
Joe
P.S. spamassassin v. 2.63