Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/22 19:46:19 UTC

Convert jakarta-bsf to Subversion

The Jakarta/BSF community would like to migrate to Subversion please.

********
We need to export

 jakarta-bsf

to SVN and then lock the CVS modules.

The resulting repo we need is:

 /jakarta/
  /bsf/
    /branches/  (jakarta-bsf branches)
    /tags/           (jakarta-bsf tags)
    /trunk/          (jakarta-bsf HEAD)

*********

Thanks,

Hen

Re: Migration complete Was: Convert jakarta-bsf to Subversion

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys .. this is great

--Sanka

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Noel completed this yesterday.
> As of yesterday morning, BSF is now in SVN. The CVS repository is
> frozen. Sorry it took me a while to get the following done.
>
> The web-view link is:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/bsf/
>
> To check out, use:
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/bsf/trunk bsf
>
> The svn committer list matches the cvs one.
>
> I've modified the link on the BSF site (CVS Repositories) to say
> Source Repositories. I've also switched the BSF site from being one
> checked out from CVS (now ~bayard/bsf.old/) to being one checked out
> via .svn. Lastly, I've moved BSF from CVS to on the main Jakarta site
> cvsindex.html.
>
> All the site stuff should take 4 hours or so to hit the live servers.
>
> Hen

WhooHoo! Thanks!

Bill

Re: Migration complete Was: Convert jakarta-bsf to Subversion

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi Hen,

>>Would you have some advice, ideas?
>>

>Looks quite simple, you weren't on the user list in CVS, so didn't
>make it to SVN :)
>
>I've added you now. Someone has to manually update after I commit the
>authentication change I think, so give it a little while before
>worrying about it not working.

Thank you *very* much! Just tried it and could get the addition of the
RexxEngine committed.

Again, thank you very much for your kind help!

Regards,

---rony

Re: Migration complete Was: Convert jakarta-bsf to Subversion

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 6/8/05, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi Hen,
>
> >> Is there a way to tell Subversion to use the file modification dateTimes
> >> on checkin resp. checkouts?
> >
> > I don't understand, could you give an example?
>
> Sure: if I changed three files over four weeks and did a check in at the
> end of the month, then svn stores the commit dateTime with every checked
> in file. When checking out the project later, then the files dateTime is
> that of the commit *not* of the last modification applied to the file.
> At least I have not found a way to do that.

I've no idea, I'll ask around a bit. It sounds like a nice idea.

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi Hen,

>> Is there a way to tell Subversion to use the file modification dateTimes
>> on checkin resp. checkouts?
>
> I don't understand, could you give an example?

Sure: if I changed three files over four weeks and did a check in at the
end of the month, then svn stores the commit dateTime with every checked
in file. When checking out the project later, then the files dateTime is
that of the commit *not* of the last modification applied to the file.
At least I have not found a way to do that.

---

Also, I tried to add RexxEngine to 'org.apache.bsf.Languages.properties'
and commit that via svn, but to no avail.

Using svn.apache.org, also executed the svnpassword in a shell on
svn.apache.org, checked out the bsf-project (supplying  --username and
--password) using your supplied URL. Now, when trying to commit, I am
asked for the password for my Apache account, supplying it does not
successfully go by the authentication part of it. Therefore it seems
that I am not able to commit changes yet. Here's that session log:

---------------- cut here ---------------
E:\svnrgf\remote\bsf\src\org\apache\bsf>svn --username rony commit -m
"2005-06-08 added the RexxEngine entry to
org.apache.bsf.Languages.properties"
Sending        bsf/Languages.properties
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Password for 'rony':
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Username: rony
Password for 'rony':
Authentication realm: <https://svn.apache.org:443> ASF Committers
Username: rony
Password for 'rony':
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: CHECKOUT of
'/repos/asf/!svn/ver/180448/jakarta/bsf/trunk/src/org/apache/bsf/Languages.properties':
authorization failed (https://svn.apache.org)
---------------- cut here ---------------

At the moment I am using cygwin's svn, if that makes a difference.

Would you have some advice, ideas?

TIA,

---rony

Re: Migration complete Was: Convert jakarta-bsf to Subversion

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/05, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi Hen,
>
> *great*, just checked it out! Thank you very much for your efforts!

No prob, ASF Infra do most of the heavy lifting, I'm just doing the
loose nudging.

> How did you manage to keep the original file modification dateTimes in
> Subversion (which is great!) ?

Feature of the cvs2svn tool I assume :)

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Convert jakarta-bsf to Subversion