Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2001/12/18 22:47:43 UTC

Tomcat 3.3 vs. 4.0: TELL US NOVICES WHAT IS GOING ON

At 01:13 PM 12/18/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Unfortunately, Tomcat 4.x doesn't support load-balancing, yet -- even with
>mod_jk. So, if you need it, you should stick with 3.3.
>
>Thanks,
>--jeff

What is going on with 3.3 and 4.0?  Are there two camps in Tomcat?  Is
there a battle to see which is going to win?  Why is 4.0 an extension of
3.2 and what is 3.3 all about?  I need to know what the plans are in order
to make some significant decisions.  Can someone tell me what is happening,
or direct me to a place to find out?  Thanks.

Micael