Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paolo Cravero as2594 <pc...@as2594.net> on 2005/07/19 14:24:21 UTC

(OT) SURBL local-DNS sample file?

Hi, what follows is certainly OT for SpamAssassin.

I am setting up SA3 with SURBL support, and I am configuring RBLDNSD in
order to run a local SURBL copy.

Before asking for rsync permission, I'd like to test the configuration
on a non-production system (with a non-production IP address).

I need a sample of the files that are actually downloaded with rsync,
but I've not been able to find any sample to use on surbl.org and
related sites.

I am not a DNS expert to write my own. Can someone provide me a sample?
Would SURBL.org people mind publishing a sample rsync file on their pages?

Thanks for your attention,
Paolo

Re: (OT) SURBL local-DNS sample file?

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Tuesday, July 19, 2005, 5:24:21 AM, Paolo as2594 wrote:
> Hi, what follows is certainly OT for SpamAssassin.

> I am setting up SA3 with SURBL support, and I am configuring RBLDNSD in
> order to run a local SURBL copy.

> Before asking for rsync permission, I'd like to test the configuration
> on a non-production system (with a non-production IP address).

There are some RBLs that have open rsync access, such as dsbl, as
described at:

  http://dsbl.org/usage

I use their list rbldns-list.dsbl.org, as shown in our one of our
rsync/rbldnsd faq documents:

  http://www.surbl.org/rbldnsd-bind-freebsd.html

Links to more rbldnsd howtos, faqs, etc. can be found at:

  http://www3.surbl.org/rsync-signup.html
  http://www.surbl.org/links.html

Cheers,

Jeff C.