Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Antelmo Aguilar <aa...@nd.edu> on 2018/02/12 21:55:57 UTC

Issue Using JSON Facet API Buckets in Solr 6.6

Hi,

I was using the following part of a query to get facet buckets so that I
can use the information in the buckets for some post-processing:

"json":
"{\"filter\":[\"bundle:pop_sample\",\"has_abundance_data_b:true\",\"has_geodata:true\",\"${project}\"],\"facet\":{\"term\":{\"type\":\"terms\",\"limit\":-1,\"field\":\"${term:species_category}\",\"facet\":{\"collection_dates\":{\"type\":\"terms\",\"limit\":-1,\"field\":\"collection_date\",\"facet\":{\"collection\":
{\"type\":\"terms\",\"field\":\"collection_assay_id_s\",\"facet\":{\"abnd\":\"sum(div(sample_size_i,
collection_duration_days_i))\"}}}}}}}}"

Sorry if it is hard to read.  Basically what is was doing was getting the
following buckets:

First bucket will be categorized by "Species category" by default unless we
pass in the request the "term" parameter which we will categories the first
bucket by whatever "term" is set to.  Then inside this first bucket, we
create another buckets of the "Collection date" category.  Then inside the
"Collection date" category buckets, we would use some functions to do some
calculations and return those calculations inside the "Collection date"
category buckets.

This query is working fine in Solr 6.2, but I upgraded our instance of Solr
6.2 to the latest 6.6 version.  However it seems that upgrading to Solr 6.6
broke the above query.  Now it complains when trying to create the buckets
of the "Collection date" category.  I get the following error:

Invalid Date String:'Fri Aug 01 00:00:00 UTC 2014'

It seems that when creating the buckets of a date field, it does some
conversion of the way the date is stored and causes the error to appear.
Does anyone have an idea as to why this error is happening?  I would really
appreciate any help.  Hopefully I was able to explain my issue well.

Thanks,
Antelmo

Re: Issue Using JSON Facet API Buckets in Solr 6.6

Posted by Antelmo Aguilar <aa...@nd.edu>.
Hi Yonik,

Good to hear you were able to reproduce it.  Looking forward for the fix.
Will use the version of Solr that works in the meantime.

-Antelmo

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antelmo Aguilar <aa...@nd.edu>.
Hi all,

Posted by Antelmo Aguilar <aa...@nd.edu>.
Hi,

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antelmo Aguilar <aa...@nd.edu>.
Hello,

I just wanted to follow up on this issue I am having in case it got lost.
I have been trying to figure this out and so far the only solution I can
find is using the older version.

If you need more details from me, please let me know.  I would really
appreciate any help.

Best,
Antelmo